Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pretty in Pink......

Hi everybody,

How has your day been today?

Mine so far is prettty good. Just got time during work to draw two sketches and determine the pps and embellishment for the sketches. This is for designing a kit comeptition at www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au.

Ok coming to this layout. I made this layout last night for www.tearbears.com.au photo swapp. My partner is Tracey. Wahoooo!! I recieved Tracey's photo 2 days back and got it printed out yesterday afternoon. Such a lovely girl looking pretty in her pink cardi.. She is Tracey's DD. Love portrait photos. They are easy to work with.

Description of the layout:

1. I edited the photo using Picasa software. Added color, some glow after sharpening it. Printed it out in Kmart to 5x7 size. I then matted the photo on a black cardstock.

2. I immediately knew that, I wanted a black base. So the I chose the black cardstock from cordination and then distressed the edges slightly. No inking here.

3. I handcut a semi circle with scalloped edges out of Pink Paislee Office Lingo Casual Friday paper. I placed it on the base and inked the edges around using Brilliance Dew Drp Pearl Golden Ink and Versa Color Camellia ink. This provided a glow like appearance.

4. The pattern paper under the photo is Crate paper from my stash which is hand torn and inked with Versa Colour Camelia Ink and curled. I then placed the photo in the middle of the PP using foam dots

5. I have used a circle cut out of transperency as a base and a golden circular frame and Bella chipboard flower on top and finally a Kaiser Pink Pearl in the middle of the flower. The other two flowers are also from Bella and one has a pattern paper cut into a circle as a base and the other has a circular golden frameas its base. The transperency circle has Kindy Glitz Slick White dots around the perimeter.

6. The flourishes are from my stash. They received a shower of Glimmer Mist Meadow green to give the shimmering effect. I have also hand stitched in the corners of the scalloped edges and also a few cross stitched on the left hand side of the pattern paper.

7. I have used masking technique here with two different color inks. I used the negative of the Green flourish to do the masking. I used Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Golden Ink on the black base and Brilliance Dew Drop Pearl Black Ink on the corner of the photo.

8. Alphas are from Pink Paislee Black stickers. The butterfly is from Bella Chipboard Stickers.

Any question please email me. I will try and answer to my best.

I loved making this layout and I should say that after I chose the base and pattern paper, everything else just started falling into its place.


Here are few closeups.




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

Gayatri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this LO looks Fab G! I love the masking, I love the die cut! It all just comes together so nicely!!!

Sasha Farina said...

love your masking technique! the layout is absolutely beautiful :)