Thursday, September 8, 2011

Modern Stripe card


Morning everybody, I am feeling so much better. No more aches and pains, just cough and itchy throat. I picked up the parcel from the post office yesterday and I was already feeling so much better lol! Came home and assembled the stamps. BTW, the parcel was my last month release order from Papertrey Ink.I packed Karen's items to post and then assembled a few stamp sets. I had bought Modern Basics Stamp and could not wait to ink it.Here is the card I made using the stamp set.



The sentiment is from Harvest Berries also from Papertrey Ink. Cardstocks and inks from Stampin Up! and the rhinestones from Kaisercraft. I have created a striped background using Modern Basic stamp set which is a non-background stamp.

I am submitting this card of mine for two challenges. One is Make It Monday Challenge-Creating background using non-background stamps from Papertrey Ink and the second is for Embellish Challenge-Stripe Color Challenge. Here is the link to both the challenge if you like to play along:)





Hope you like the card :) Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!
See ya soon...

luv!
Pin It

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card...love the different take on the stripes. Your use of Maile's set makes me think I might have to get it!

Jen Adcock said...

Just fantastic! I just love your use of MB here. I don't have this set and didn't think I needed it until now. What a modern take on the stripes. So refreshing. Your card displays such expert stamping. Just captivating! So pleased you are feeling a bit better. Hugs.

Gwen said...

Beautiful bold colors! Great design!

Unknown said...

Wow...this is amazing. What a great background! And look how well you lined everything up. Love it!!

Kristen :-) said...

What a wonderfully BOLD card! I am so impressed with your ability to line those stripes up... I know its NOT easy! Perfect!

Karen said...

I LOVE this Gayatri! Great job!

Karen
x

Dana said...

Wow! Awesome background!! Love your card!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! This is an amazing card! Great job!

Unknown said...

I'm stunned!! really awesome card!

Sharron said...

Awesome! Love your take on the Embellish challenge!

Lou Spiden said...

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLove!!!!!

Marybeth said...

Georgious , this is beautiful. Glad your feeling better.

Hussena said...

beautiful stamping and great choice of colors your card is just fabulous.

Arlene said...

This is an amazing card, Gayatri! Love the boldness of it...beautiful. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Michelle said...

amazing!

Stephanie said...

You know that mouth just dropped right open when I saw this, right? It's down-right gorgeous, Gayatri!!! Absolutely stunning!

Kara said...

Just awesome!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just FABULOUS! It is incredible how you got the pattern to work so perfectly. The colors are grand. The sentiment works perfectly. I LOVE it!!!!

tfiske said...

Whoaaaa...gurl, you are off the charts with this one! LOVE IT!

José said...

Like??? This card is absolutely STUNNING! What great stamp work. Love the colors too. FAB!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh my, this is stunning! GREAT work.

Sara said...

This card is really stunning! Wonderful job!

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

Love the colors!

Kara said...

incredible:)

Glenda J said...

Wow - absolutely stunning!

Sonia said...

Sheer awesomeness!

Carla Cabrera said...

I love color and this card really packs a punch. Great job.

Charlene Austin said...

Holy Moly! This is FANTASTIC!!! Great job!!

Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Just saw this on Pinterest (and immediately repinned). This is BRILLIANT Gayatri.... why can't I think of stuff like this? LOL Love how you've made the background with Modern Basics.

Tracey McNeely said...

Saw this on Pinterest today Gayatri and I love your bright and bold colours. I am a bit of a chicken there. lol

Mirta Sanchez said...

Saw this on Pinterest (tried to Pin It from your page, something went wrong) and I think it's genius. I am trying some new "wallpaper" techniques, using my stamps to the max for new effects so this really jumped out at me. I really love your neatness too!
Well done!