Saturday, June 7, 2014

Wishing you smooth sailing....

Hello everybody,

I played along My Favorite Things challenges today. 
I played both the sketch as well as the colour palette challenge. 
Here is this week's sketch #179

MFTWSC179


Print

This is my take on both the challenges.

Wishing you smooth sailing2

I went for a very textural card using the sketch and colours. I felt the colours were more nautical and so went with the nautical theme. For the background I have used Western Backgrounds stamp set. I stamped the wooden planks using kraft and navy. I stamped few more planks on scrap piece of paper, trimmed and adhered using foam adhesives to give the dimension. Sponged the edges with some Frayed Burlap distress ink. I then wrapped some natural twine to give texture. The centre circle is die cut using spearmint cardstock and using stitched circle die namics. I stamped the sentiment on the circle. I cut the long sentiment into each word and stamped it so the sentiment fit inside the circle. Sponged the circle using spearmint ink. I have used Lets go Overboard anchor and lifebuoy die cuts for the smaller elements on the sketch. Finally accented with some sequins. Very textural card and masculine as well. I love how my background came together. Hope you like my card.

Thanks for stopping!

My blog signature

5 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is amazing, Gayatri! I just love how you inked up the Western Background in two different colors. I'm totally trying that. Love all the texture!

~amy~ said...

I love it..I'm such a fan of anything nautical!

Dawn T said...

a very lovely card Gayatri. The nautical theme is perfect with the sketch.

Kim S said...

I love the varying colors in your background and the "matching" sequins!!

Betty Wright said...

This is awesome! Love how you did the stamped wood background! Great guy card for sure!