Saturday, November 8, 2014

Christmas Card Series: Set #5

Hey everyone,

Welcome to my Christmas Card Series. This is set five. Here is the first, second, third and fourth.

I am particularly thrilled to share this set with you because I love how they turned out.
I have a few holiday sentiment dies. I wanted to use as them as background and as focal point. So I tried something different. Here are the two cards I made first and then changed the technique a bit and made another two. I will show them towards the end of the post. Make yourself a cut of coffee and browse because I have a lot of photos in this post.

Holiday cards 2

 I have a photo tutorial on how I made this card below.

Season's Greetings

Sit back relax and enjoy!










 

 And I made this second card using the same technique but in blue. and silver. Love how this turned out.

Merry Christmas

Then I thought why not do a reverse process. Instead of have the ombre colour on the diecut, have it on the background on the card front and glue the white die cut on top.  For this card below, I have used the dies from Winnie and Walter and Papertrey Ink

Merry Christmas 1

A similar card in blue and sliver using Winnie & Walter sentiment dies.

Happy Holidays

All my cards are embellished with Sparkly Clear 6mm and 4mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Here are both the cards together.

Holiday card 1

Hope you like it. I certainly had fun planning and making these cards.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend.

My blog signature

21 comments:

Scrapthat said...

very pretty!

Deborah Frings said...

Love them all! I really like the soft ombre effect on the die cut words. Would you mind if I CASE them?

Gayatri said...

Not at all Deborah! CASE away! Love to see your version :)

Neha said...

Love them Gayatri... You are genius!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very neat technique...love the silver Christmas one the best!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards!!

conil said...

Love the modern and geometric feel of the cards even though they are truly geometric. You chose perfect palettes, aa well.

Michelle said...

Wow! These are amazing! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

So pretty and eye catching! Love them all!!

Anonymous said...

What a great effect. Thanks.

Kimberly Eddy said...

Wow! You knocked it out of the park with these cards!! I love them. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward each week to what you bring us!!! Hugs!!

jintyoo7 said...

AMAZING, Gayatri - these are beautifully thought out and made! Looks like a lot of work but definitely worth it :-)

Thank you for all the lovely photographs :-)

SkyPixie17 said...

These cards are all beautiful! But the best part is how you showed the different products you used. Everyone has been adding thread behind stuff and I honestly can't stand it. The thread is so fine and never stays in the shape and place where I want it and those Scribble Notes dies are PERFECT!!! I've never seen them before, but they are a must for the thread-challenged! Thanks so much for continuing to add beauty to our world!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just so cool and fabulous! Love them!

MelissaF said...

Really love the ombre effect on your cards, they are stunning! I'm loving this card series that you are doing, thanks so much for tons of inspiration!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri! Love all the texture and layers! Just beautiful!

chiyo smith said...

You're a GENIUS! Always a big fan of your work, colors, composition, impact. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me.

Dawn T said...

WOW Gayatri. Lots of work in this set but totally stunning.

Donna Cala said...

Every blog entry is a feast for my eyes! I can not say enough great things about you. You are so talented and create such beautiful cards! This set is gorgeous!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Everything you make is just so amazing. I have no words for how much I love it all!

BożenA said...

Beautiful card, great idea to them. Thank you for a short course - very useful. Really great inspiration. Nice blog.
Regards,
Bozena