Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Birthday Card!


Hello everyone,

Surprise! I am posting more than one post per week! I know I have been busy and not been able to post more than one post on my blog. Life has slowed down a bit this week and so I thought I will make a post today. But next week I have more to share.

I have a card using new release stamp set from Penny Black to share with you today.

Birthday card #1

I love this new cling stamp set called Flower Cascade. So pretty and I straight away wanted to colour the image. So I stamped on white card panel and coloured the image with copic markers. This is my new favourite colour combination. Ink Blue, light green and yellow with neutral. I also brushed sparkle on the flowers.

Birthday card closeup

I stamped the sentiment from Special Thoughts stamp set. Then trimmed the panel to 4"x 5.50" and adhered on an ink blue card base. I finished the card with clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh. Here is what happened. The clear droplet did not dry and it moved when I took the photo. I didn't realise until I was blogging. So I will leave it as it. Things like this happens especially when one is in hurry!

Birthday card flat

Hope you like my card. All the new release from Penny Black are available for purchase from Penny Black Store.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I promise I will post more :)
My blog signature

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful Gayatri, love the colours you chose!

Dawn T said...

this is simply gorgeous Gayatri. I really love the colours you chose for this one.

Shelly said...

Oh, this is GORGEOUS!! Love!

marie said...

magnifique carte! bravo!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Gayatri, this is gorgeous, and I especially love your color combination! Love blue and yellow, and what a beautiful layout with a wonderful sentiment! I've been seeing this image and now feel it may have to be mine! Hehe! Love the elegant layout with the clear droplets. Stunning as always, my friend! (BTW, where are you on Flickr? I cannot find you to follow you.) Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Daksha Popat said...

Beautiful

Suchi said...

Stunning!!

Patti said...

This is so pretty! your coloring has made these beautiful flowers "come to life"! : )

Patti