Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life!!!


Remember yesterday's card? While making the panel and trimming off the edges, I was left with a strip which kind of looked like a graph. So I thought I will not throw it in the bin but make use of it and make another card. Here is the card.


Life graph card


I like the graph look of the cutout strip and also how the colours gave depth and meaning. I knew the perfect sentiment for it and pulled out Life stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I love this card. Profound  and graphic lol! Hope you do too :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Golden Harvest, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky and Hibiscus Burst from Papertrey Ink.
Stamp set : Life from Papertrey Ink
Inks: Stazon Black Ink

Second entry into Ric #4  Christopher Kane  Resort 2012 challenge.

Thanks for visiting!

Pin It

17 comments:

Kara said...

awesome! it reminds me of an equalizer on a radio while the music is playing and the bars are going up and down! So cool!!

Virginia L. said...

What a COOL card! Love your graph-like design in this card, Gayatri!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this one, it does look like a bar graph but much cooler!

Jen Adcock said...

How wonderfully profound. I love that groovy graph. Just perfect actually with the measuring theme of the sentiment. Love when that happens. Fab work once again Gayatri!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love seeing scraps used in a new way, and I'm so glad those colorful strips didn't go to waste! I'm also impressed that you managed to find a sentiment that fit so perfectly. Thanks again for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge :)

Chris said...

Oh, this is just inspired! LOVE!

carefree creations said...

This is so cool! You are so clever!!

Ardyth said...

LOVE it! Whoever gets this is lucky, indeed!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This is so neat!! The order of colors combined with the various heights of the strips are perfect!

Joyce said...

Well, I have to say that this card reminds me a lot of my life prior to being a stay at home mom! I worked in business, and created many many graphs like this, but none so colorful! Your project is fab, and it's like a trip down memory lane.

Jen W. said...

How brilliant is this?? Must feel great to not only use up scraps but to end up with such a fantastic card!

Ally said...

Love this card. ;-) Awesome that you can use the scraps on something and have it turn out so fabulously. Love the sentiment with it - perfect! ;-)

Deborah Frings said...

Love the graphic look here and the sentiment goes with it perfectly. A great way to use up some scraps and this would be perfect for a guy! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love this graph look, fabuloso!

Cristina said...

YES!! And that sentiment is perfect for it. Thanks for playing with us at Runway!

Julie Aldridge said...

I can't decide whether I want to imagine the bars to be books or a bar chart. They can be both! This is great!

Michelle said...

Love this, Gayatri! So clever! :-)