Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Congratulations Card!


Hello everybody,

Sharing with you a card I made for a request by a lady at my children's music school. She wanted a wedding card with seahorse on it! What? After a conversation as to what she wants a card for and what theme? She wanted a beachy wedding card. Ok! I don't have beachy wedding stamp set especially with a seahorse on it. Lol! I told her I will make a beachy wedding card for her. She agreed to it. Here it is.


I took the long brush stroke stamp from PTI's Watercolour Wonder stamp set and stamped the background with the pale blue ink. I then die cut the frame and bow from brushed gold card stock. The silhouettes from pattern papers and then the seashells die cut using while cardstock. Layered them and added a pearl at the center of the bow. I stamped the big bold congratulations from Uniko Studio in grey ink. I like how my card turned out. It has beachy feel to it. But no overtly full of beachy images. What do you think? The lady will like it?
I will know in couple of hours. Hope she does!

The silhouettes, frame, bows are die cut using dies from Papertrey Ink. Seashells die is from My Favorite Things. Congratulations sentiment is from Uniko Studio.

Thanks for visiting!

 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Eeek! I am in love with this, Gayatri! Precious!! Hugs, Darnell

jintyoo7 said...

Gayatri, I was playing around with these dies trying to make a wedding card. You have really inspired me with this beauty, to continue the task - THANK YOU!!!

Gayatri said...

@jintyoo7
So glad my card inspired you at the right time, Jintyoo! Link your card for me to see :)

Ida said...

I loved this. I think it showcased the "beachy" theme perfectly.