Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stampin’ Up! Card --- Tutorial using Brayer

I had promised earlier in one of my post that I will do a tutorial using the brayer.
And some of you had asked me what is brayer technique.
So, I thought I will do the tutorial today of this card below.



Materials needed for this card are:
1. Very Vanilla, Olive green and Chocolate Chip card stocks from Stampin' Up!
2. Always and Pocket Silhouette stamp sets from Stampin' Up!
3. Brayer, circle punch and a sponge
4. Tim Holtz's Brushed Corduroy and Spiced marmalade distress inks
5. Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie ink pad and Staz on Black ink pad.

Here is the tutorial

Step #1

I am using a 11 x 9 cm piece of Very vanilla cardstock here. And I am using the brayer and Tim Holtz’s Spiced Marmalade distress ink as the first coat on the entire piece.



Step #2

I punched out a small circle out of a scrap paper and temporarily stuck it in the centre of the paper.



Step #3

I used Stampin’ Up! Pumpkin Pie ink on the brayer and brayered it on top of the circle on the entire piece of paper for extra depth and colour as shown in the picture.



Step #4

I have sponged Tim Holtz’s Brushed Corduroy around the corners of the paper as shown in the picture.



Step #5

I removed the circle from the middle and replaced it with a circle punched out of a Yellow pattern paper and inked around the edges with orange ink.



Step #6

I have used stamps from Stampin’ Up! Always and Pocket Silhouettes stamp sets and stamped using Stazon ink as shown in the picture below.



Step#7

I then matted this piece on an Olive green cardstock and mounted it again on the Chocolate Chip color card as shown in the picture below.



I have no personalised it yet. I will do it when I need to.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and for specially people who asked what Brayer technique is.

Thanks for stopping by


Hugs





4 comments:

vicmbee said...

thanks Gayatri... you are going to be an awesome demonstator for stampin up... love your brayered cards.. I have been invited to a stampin up party on the 31st...

CreativeMe68 said...

WOW! That is so effective...As Vicki said you are going to be a wonderful demonstrator! Wish I could see some products up close here in Collinsville....Luv Shaz xoxo

Lisa K said...

That is such a GREAT card G - well done !!!!

lexie said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri....you are going to be brilliant at demonstrating stamping uo products...oxo