Saturday, December 14, 2013

Celebrate-Embossing with dies


I spent about 5 hours yesterday organising and cleaning my craft space. I now have the whole desk and a closet to craft and store my supplies. I also bought the wider Alex drawers from IKEA to hold more supplies under the desk. I like to have as many supplies close to hands as possible.

Anyway, after all the cleaning and organising, I did make couple of cards. I used dies to emboss on the card. Jennifer McGuire recently showed how to use distress markers to go over the outline and colour the inside with a brush. She did a video and here is the link. I thought it was super cool. Thanks Jennifer. I don't tend to use distress markers a lot and therefore this is one way to use them.
Here is one of the card I made.

Celebrate #2 card

The "CELEBRATE" is a die from MFT's Accent It Celebrate Die-namics. I embossed it on the white card stock, trimmed it to size. Then went over the outline with Pink and Blue distress markers. Then using the wet brush I coloured the inside. I also added shading using a slightly darker colour of pink and blue. How beautiful is that? Here is the close up of the panel.

Celebrate #2 closeup

I then used Abstract Art and Jumbo Abstract stamp set to add subtle paint brush and spatter on the panel. Stamped the sentiment from Birthday Sentiments Stamp Set also from MFT. The pattern papers are from Kaisercraft's Confetti Collection.  The enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye. This card is for my daughter's friend birthday party this evening.

I used this new sketch from My Favorite's Things to make my card.

MFTWSC154

Will be back soon with another card made using the same sketch.

Ta!
Blog-Siggy-in-gold

3 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

BEAUTIFUL, Gayatri! I spent last Saturday re-organizing my room, made lots of improvements.

LOVE your sweet falling snowflakes too, how lovely :)

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Gayatri

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful