Saturday, December 14, 2013

Inspired By Pinterest

Second post for today. Here is the first post.

I spent some time on Pinterest. I started a new board called Gold. Basically pinned all the gold based pictures that inspired me. Gold is trendy at the moment. Here is one of the photos that inspired me to make a card today.

mint-gold-inspired
Photo Credit - Style Me Pretty

I had bought Keppy Purkey's triangle die some time ago and haven't used it. So today I had a chance to use the die. Instead of diecutting, I embossed it on the card front. And then basically watercoloured the triangles using distress marker. I did not use the marker straight on the paper but instead picked the colour using wet brush and coloured the triangles. Then for the gold, I had two options. First Studio Calico's Gold Mr. Huey and second is Stampin' Up! Gold Smooch Spritz. The Mr. Huey was a warm gold and the SU one was yellow gold. I prefered the yellow gold to go with the blue to give the trendy look I wanted. So here is the finished card.

Hi Hello! Card

All the sentiments are from Say What? and Call Me stamp sets from MFT. Love the fonts of these stamps. Perfect for the trendy look. I have added enamel dots for accent and also completes the card. A shot of the card from the top. 

Hi Hello! Card closeup!

The gold has a beautiful shimmer to it. I hope you can see it on this angled shot.

Hi Hello! Card

I am smitten by this letterpress and watercolour technique using die. Thanks to Jennifer Mcguire once again :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Good night from Australia.
Blog-Siggy-in-gold

6 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this card, Gayatri!!!! I need to try this technique!

donna mikasa said...

Awesome, Gayatri! Love, love, love!!

Tenia Nelson said...

I just LURVE this!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow great colours and technique.

Dawn T said...

just beautiful Gayatri. The colours look awesome

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous, you can't beat a little "gold" and it's does looks so pretty with your water colouring :)