Tuesday, March 18, 2014

MFT Sketch #167

I am finally back blogging today. 
MFTWSC167

It looks like a clean and simple sketch but so many techniques can be used to make the inner panel.

Wishing you the happiest of the birthdays

 I have used a On the Diagonal stencil from MFT and distress inks to make my inner panel. I used sponge dauber to ink some colours of distress inks into the stencil. Then sprayed some water. Let the inks blend with water and smooth out. I then trimmed the panel and adhered to the card front. For the diagonal panel, I have stamped paint brush image from Jumbo Abstract Art stamp set on a strip of the cardstock and stamped the sentiment from Celebrate stamp set. To add interest, I have added shimmer using Wink of Stella over the inked area. I love shimmer.

Wishing you inside card

For the inside of the card, I adhere the strip of the stenciled panel which was trimmed off and stamped "happy birthday". By the time I made this card, outside because dark. So I had to take the photo under hallogen light. Apologise for the bad photo. I will replace it with better photo as soon as the sun shows tomorrow.

Edited: here is the new photo taken during daylight. Love this photo but the shimmer is not seen in this. So i am adding as additional photo to the ones on top.

Wishing you happiest birthday

Wishing you inside

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

1 comment:

Chrissy Larson said...

Super fun colors and a great take on the sketch. WOW!