Thursday, April 24, 2014

For CASE Study Challenge Design Team Call

Hello everybody,

After a week's break I sat down to make a card for CASE Study Design Team Challenge Call. The challenge is to create a paper crafting project inspired by your own personal 'Muse'. My personal 'Muse' is Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) herself. This card she made some time ago is still my personal favourite. 


I have no words to describe how much I love this card. One layer, gorgeous, perfectly balanced, looks like printed not hand made. Perfect in all ways. My jaws dropped when I saw it for the first time. This is actually a postcard, Iwona had made. I wanted to CASE this card for a long time. I took this design team call as the opportunity to CASE this gorgeous card. Here is my take.

Cherished Friend

My card base is cream card stock. I stamped the images from Flourishes Stamp set called Bloom' Aussie Floral and coloured in copics. Then sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I then ran the card front through the cuttlebug using a PTI impression plate to get some texture. I also brushed the berries with Wink of Stella shimmer pen. The sentiment is from a stamp set called Cherished from The Craft's Meow. So sad this company closed because they had some beautiful stamp sets. I was so lucky to design for them. I stamped the smaller elaborate sentiment three times to create a border on the bottom of the card front. The larger sentiment is stamped on a strip of card stock which is trimmed to get the fish tail banner ends. Then sponged with distress ink. This sentiment strip is mounted using foam adhesives. Finally I have added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh Nature Mix Sequins. This Nature Mix sequins has the perfect coloured sequins for my card.
I am very happy with the way my CASE card turned out. It is always tricky to CASE a gorgeous card. Original is the best. But I like mine as well :) Thanks for the opportunity, Iwona.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! A perfect CASE! I would love to see you on the CASE Study team, Gayatri! Good luck! :-)

Donna Cala said...

Spectacular in every way!

Kim M said...

Her card is amazing but your card it fabulous too!! Wonderful CASE! It is tricky to a CASE a beautiful card but you pulled it off without a hitch! Love it! :-)

June K said...

Love your CASE. It does looked printed just as you mentioned Chupa's postcard looked. So beautiful.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is beautiful, Gayatri! Great CASE of a great card!

StephH said...

I am just stunned by your beautiful card Gayatri! And by your inspiration piece from Chupa also. I love your colors, and the distressing you so seamlessly incorporated. (That border stamp is one I'd like to find too). Thank you for my morning inspiration!

Vickie Z said...

WOW... To both cards!! Your interpretation is bolder/bright-definitely your style!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

STUNNING! I'm so in awe of your talent! I am sure you will be snapped up for the team!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You made me grin from ear to ear!! Oh my gosh, I wasn't prepared for that, lol. Love your interpretation, a quintessence of a good CASE - the inspiration is clearly there but your personal style shines through :)

Petti said...

Beautiful! I love Chupa's card too and your card is just wonderful as well.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! You did an excellent job with your CASE!! It is similar but still shows your style! I love the bold colors in the flowers! I hope you make the team!!!!

~amy~ said...

Wow...definitely a winner in my book. I love your bold version of Chupa's card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well, I'm thinking you just took center stage and the lead to an invitation to be on this team! What a stunning CASE of Chupa's work - just beautiful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yes, I love that card too, your is a strong original take that is all you!!

Cris G. said...

Both cards are AH-mazing! I've been admiring your work for sometime, and I think you surely deserve the DT spot.