Sunday, February 15, 2015

Donut Delight!


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

 Donut Delight!

photo source: howsweeteats.com

The LEAD of Donut Delight will be invited as a Guest Designer in our next challenge!

Here is my take on the challenge.

Donut card

Donuts are trendy at the moment. Who does not like donuts! I love them but at the moment can only drool at them. I am banned from eating sugary food for fear of developing diabetes. Runs in the family. So I am creating the paper donuts to satisfy my craving :( 

These donuts are made using My Favorite Things  Donuts dies. I have die cut the base of the donuts using kraft cardstock and the icing using various colour cardstocks. Inked the edges of the base using Gathered Twigs distress inks and the icing with matching distress inks. Then I glued the icing over the base. Then applied a generous coating of glossy accents to make the donuts look glossy. The sprinkles were are also die cut using the MFT die using various colour cardstocks. I sprinkled the sprinkles on the donuts when the glossy accents was still wet. Once dry, I gave another coat of glossy accent. The donuts came out lovely :) I arranged them like how it is on the challenge graphics on the die cut panel. Then stamped the sentiment from Donuts and Sprinkles stamp set also from MFT on a strip of cardstock and adhered in the middle. Here is a  closeup!

Sprinkled with love closeup1

donut card closeup

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Donut Delight Designers

My blog signature

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fabulous donut card...love all the glossy accents!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Love your donuts! The glossy accents was a great idea!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

OMG! Fantastic card Gayatri. Love the different colors on those yummy looking donuts. The 'glaze' looks awesome! Great take on the photo!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomesauce!!!