Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Winnie & Walter's A Week to Die for Day #1


Welcome!
This week, we are playing " A WEEK TO DIE FOR" at Winnie & Walter.


We at Winnie & Walter are showcasing the new Cutaways released last month.
Today we are sharing projects using The Big, the Bold and Party Cutaways and The Big, the Bold and You Cutaways.

I have used "THANKS" die from The Big, the Bold and You Cutaways on my card below.

Thanks card 1

I die cut a few "thanks" from thick cardstock. For the top layer, I sponged some purple distress inks in ombre, then die cut the "thanks". Then stacked and glued them with the purple die cut on the top to get a substantial dimension. I brushed some glossy accent on the die cut to give some gloss effect.

Thanks closeup

 I stamped the "thanks" image from The Big, the Bold and You stamp set in grey on the background panel and die cut using the smaller frame die from Katherine Cutaways. I glued the "thanks die cut in the middle. Then adhered this panel to the card front using foam adhesives. I then stamped 'a bunch' from The Big, the Bold and You stamp set on the fish tail diecut from Katherine Cutaways. Finally accented with sparkly gold enamel dots.

Thanks Closeup1

Check out Winnie & Walter's blog for more design team inspirations.

Tune in tomorrow for more Cutaways inspiration.


My blog signature

6 comments:

SD pooja said...

Fab card ! The purpul die-cut looks wonderful on grey stamped bg :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your card blows me away, Gayatri! I am in love with the way you did the background and added the gorgeous purple word die. Amazing!

conil said...

WOW! The thanks die really POPs on the amazing stamped backgroound. Terrific choice of colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

So very cool!!

Kate said...

The colour of the thanks is stunning, Love this card. :)
Kate xx

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Gayatri, love the pop of color!!