Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge #90

It is time for another Runway Inspired Challenge. This is challenge #90 and we have a gorgeous dress by Monique Lhuillier.



This dress has both lace and floral trends in it. I particularly love the lace bodice spilling into the skirt a little and blending into the floral pattern. I wanted to bring that into my card but just did not get the mojo to do it. So I have used both the yellow lace and floral on my card not the way I wanted though. Here is my card for the challenge.

Happy Birthday!


I used Penny Black's The Garden cover plate die for my yellow lace element. I sponged the die cut with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed distress ink, trimmed the edges randomly with scissors and adhered to the top left of the card front.

The flowers are from Blooming Garden stamp set also from Penny Black. I stamped them in black ink and copic coloured the flowers and leaves picking colours from the floral pattern on the dress. I then cut the flowers out and layered and glued them over the yellow lace. The sentiment is from Happy Notes stamp set also from Penny Black. I stamped using black ink on a strip of white cardstock and adhered using foam adhesives. Finally embellished with Sparkly Clear sequins.

Lots of white space with yellow lace and a cluster floral focal element. Pretty happy with how this card turned out. Now it is your turn to play the challenge. I cannot wait to see what you do. :)

Check out Runway Inspired Challenge Blog for more gorgeous inspirations from design team. You can also find the linky to link your challenge card.

I have listed all the products I have used to make this card below for your convenience.





Thanks for visiting my blog today!

My blog signature

6 comments:

Neha said...

Wow! Awesome take on inspiration... Love it!

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a gorgeous card... loved it...😊

Dawn T said...

stunning. The yellow with the bright colours is perfect.

Shari said...

Beautiful card. What a wonderful interpretation.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I love the way you blended the lace and floral. Beautiful card!!

Joan V said...

Gayatri, you really nailed this Runway challenge. Your card is so awesome.