Tuesday, January 17, 2017

You're simply the Best!


Hello and welcome back!

This is my first post for 2017. By that I mean the first card I made in the new year and the first post I wrote in the new year. After a vacation break, I am find it difficult to get back into crafting. No mojo to make anything. I tried organising, surfing blogs for inspirations, watching videos but meh! Nothing worked. Getting a bit frustrated. So yesterday I forced myself to sit at my craft desk and make some thing. After rejecting a few ideas which required patience and precision, I picked Simon Says Stamp's Take My Heart watercolor panel from Hey Love collection to colour. That will be easy to make a start, right? Yes, it was easy as I only had to colour and I did! Only that I coloured the watercolour panel using copic markers instead of watercolours!!! I only realised after colouring couple of images on the panel. Anyway, what the heck, I continued to colour with copics and made a card. Hooray! The end result was what I wanted to achieve. Make something and get crafting. So here is to a great start to the new year!

Watercoloured panel

After colouring the panel, I used Sakura White and Black Gelly Roll pens to add details to the design. Although, I coloured the background using copic marker, I still felt the edges need darker shade to frame the design on the panel. I used Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch distress inks to sponged the edges of the panel. To get some texture I added glossy accent to the centre of the flowers. The panel is adhered on a white card base. Here is a closeup of the card.

Watercolour panel closeup

You can find the Take My Heart watercolour panels from Hey Love collection at Simon Says Stamp store. Hoping this will bring back my mojo and be able to share more inspirations for you this year.

Card Supplies:


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

My blog signature

4 comments:

Heather North said...

Your mojo is coming back!!! Sorry I chuckled a bit when I read that you used Copics on your watercolor panel. It's only because it sounds likes something I would do. I'm hoping your creative drought has come to an end, Gayatri, and that the ideas start flooding out of you!

Shirley said...

Beautiful! I think your mojo is back.

Sindhu said...

This is so beautiful!

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS card! I love the design and the vibrant colors!
Sherrie K