Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blinkie Challenge at Debs...................

We have this Blinkie Challenge at www.debscreations.net.au

Well, have to do 4 challenges which could be layouts or OTPs set by 4 DT members and then towards the end of the 4 challenges, we earn a blinkie. Sounds great hun!!! Best part is these DT members are fantastic challenge setters.

I liked this latest one set by Scrapwitch.Her name is Lisa.O. Her favourate is paint. I love paint as well. But I am a bit lazy to use paint often as they are messy.

The challenge says to use paint, one large photo which has to be edited using software, use staples some where and super distressing.Oh!! and use a song lyric for title!!! Anyway, I used Pink Paislee Office Lingo Collection-Cubicle PP as the base. I edited my DD's photo using software. I used antique and waterdrop effect on it and printed a large size photo.

Then, here comes the interesting part. I used pastry brush to draw doodles. How often has anybody done this weired thing on a layout? My husband was not happy with it because he is the baker at home. He does a lot of baking and now I pinched his pastry brush...lol!!! Will buy him another one. I promised him that.

For distressing, I used Tim Holtz's distressing ink-Brushed Corduroy on the alphas "U" and on the flowers and heart shape. Then sanded the alphas to give the same effect as the other alphas (which are readymade ones!). I looooooooooooooove Tim Holtz products. The grungeboard is a fantastic invention.The distress ink is fabulous. Wish I had his............ what is it called??????????? the applicator!!! Well, there is a name for it. Forgot...!!!!!!!!! I am using makeup sponge though, Hehehhe. I do not use makeup so the sponge for another purpose. Ooooo recycling Hey!!


Staples are on the ribbons on the tag. The song lyric I used is one of my DD's favourate artist at the moment-James Blunt. She loves his "You are beautiful, You are beautiful. Its true". So I used it as I felt it was perfect. She sings it too. Full with perfect lyrics.... I also love the felt flower I bought from Reject Shop and the Green Tara flower with the rhinestone. Very pretty.
I am happy with the result. Guss my mojo is back! I did not leave it in Perth, Elle. I must have left it here at home.Lol!!
Here is the layout and some close ups ... TFL




1 comment:

CreativeMe68 said...

Love this LO Gay....Love what you have done to the photo as well!