Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pocket Boy......




My 3rd DT layout for http://www.uproar2scrapmore.com.au/ It is simple one. Not very fancy techniques used.

I have used leftover scraps of paper from Fancy Pants About a Boy kit, to make this layout.

Description of the layout:

1. I actually used the white cardstock as the base and had 3 scraps of Fancy Pants, About a Boy paper Expression, Vivid and Wild child papers which are all distressed on the edges and layered.

2. The photo is of my DS taken in June this year at Niagara Falls. After all the adventure, he was tired and found a spot to sit and started to play his Pocket Boy. This was prior to getting his Nintendo DS. Nintendo, Pocket Boy, Star wars, Books and Lego keeps him occupied for a long time. Typical Boy hun!!! Well, this is the journaling I have written around the layers.

3. I have used the ribbon which came along the kit to frame the photo and added layers of flowers at the corner.

4. I kept with the theme of circles from one of the papers. I used a transparency to cut out a circle and layered them under the grunge board skull. I also used Kindy Glitz (various colors) and made dots layers on the circle. I used another transparency circle under the flowers on the right hand side as a layer and used only Kindy Glitz Slick White to make dots along the perimeter.

5. I have used Tim Holtz's grunge board skull, inked it with Versa Color Black Ink and the eye socket with Versa Color Orange and the nostrils with Kindly Glitz Slick White. I love how it shoes the embossed swirls.

6. Flowers from Heidi Swapp, Green Tara, Prima and Bella. The alphas from American Craft Glitter Thickers. Journaling around the layers as mentioned before.

7. I then trimmed the white cardstock and layered it on the black card stock to pop out the layout as well as the black cardstock coordinates with the black turtleneck Tee in the photo.

Thanks for reading.

Here are some closeups.





Thanks for stopping by


Hugs


Gayatri



No comments: