Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inspirational photo


Hello everybody,

Today I have a project I made for a challenge, Melissa Philips has on her blog. She has been putting up some inspirational photos from A Creative Mint blog for a while. The photos are stunning! I wanted to do them all but pressed for time. But this photo is just so attractive, I had to use it to make a project.
Here is the photo for you.


I told you! The photo is stunning and attractive. Looove the orange and white with a hint of purple. There are other photos from A Creative Mint, that Melissa has on her blog as well. I will definitely have to give them all a go one by one.Anyway, here is my take on the challenge.


I made a altered frame and a birthday card.Here is the close up of the frame.

 

I have used a combination of PTI and SU stamps on the project. Punched them out with circle punch and matted them on to scalloped circle punch and added some rhinestones and buttons and arranged them on the frame. Some closeups of the elements on the frame.

  
  
For the card, I have used the damask stamp from SU Friends 24-7 for the background. I am loving doing up my own pattern paper. Particularly the damask orange background on white cardstock is just beautiful. I wouldn't mind such a wall paper as a feature wall on my living room. Will make a great feature wall. Maybe a different color? Hehe!


Some closeups of the Prima Pearl flourishes on the card.Subtle yet adds dimension to the card.



I have started using my collection of scrapbook embellieshments to make cards. Feeling nice about it, because I have not used a lot of embellies I have for almost 11 months. Eversince I started to make cards using stamps, I have not touched my scrapbook papers and embellishments. I even thought of giving them away! But now, I have started using them on cards. So I will have a few of them and give most of them away! That way I will have some storage space available for new stuff.

Thanks Melissa for the photo and an awesome challenge. Have a great day everybody!
Hugs

14 comments:

Pat said...

Both of your projects are beauties. Love the idea of creating wall art with all our supplies. And the details on your card are just great! Good job with this challenge. And can I say I'm jealous of grass and sun?

Sue Ann said...

Great job with your challenge ...... I love those colors together!! How much do you love Urban Designs ..... I love that set!!

Ted said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the shadow box and those scalloped circles.. the circles in the square frame is such a nice contrast. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your creations! Really great, fabulous color combinations!

Anika said...

What a gorgeous set! Very well done!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I adore purple and orange together Gayatri - very nice job!

Sherry said...

Awesome set!! Love that frame!

Sharron said...

Both projects are wonderful! Your card is fabulous and love the shadow box! Great use for this set and the colors make it awesome!

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Wow...these are stunning. I love the shadow box, what a great idea. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Heather Rogers said...

Very pretty! I love that damask design on the background. I would like to try to do the other color inspirations as well. They are all beautiful.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh my, how beautiful! I really love the shadow box!

Jennifer K said...

Neat projects - especially love that shadow box!

Alli Miles said...

Wow factor. Great combo and love the way you used Daily Designs :)

Melissa said...

Ooooooo...what beautiful, beautiful projects you've created inspired by this photo...I am in awe and love both of them. So many perfect, little details. Thank you for playing along.
Melis