Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kissing Technique!


Morning everybody,

I have couple of cards to share for A Blog Named Hero Kissing Technique Challenge.



It is always a hit and miss for me using this technique. I either don't use contrasting colours or not the right stamps for it. After a few attempts, I got it. I love the Large Fabric Background stamp. My favourite from Hero Arts. Instead of using another large background stamp to kiss, I used Dictionary Greetings smaller text stamp to kiss. The result came out nice.
Here are the cards.


I stamped a 5.50 x 4.25 white panel using kissing technique. Then I decided to cut the panel into two and make two cards. One having a larger stamped area and the other just a strip. I wanted to see which one makes more impact.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White from Papertrey Ink
Stamp Sets: Large Fabric Background, Dictionary greetings, Many Birthday Messages and Blossom Art from Hero Arts
Inks: Night Chalk Ink and Bubblegum Midtone Shadow Ink from Hero Arts. Archival Jet Black Ink
Accessories; Ink Pearls

That big flower is so beautiful right? I did not have a pink cardstock to match the Bubblegum pink ink from Hero Arts. So I rubbed the Bubblegum Hero Arts Ink on a white cardstock and stamped the flower, cut it out. Then I used copic sketch of a darker shade to colour some area.

I could not decide and  ended up liking both the cards. Which one do you like?
Gorgeous Sunday today! I have a few chores to complete.

Before I go, I am excited to tell you that this is my 1000th post on my blog. Wow! How cool is that? I didn't even know that I had made so many post lol! Excited about the milestone post Yay!

Have a great weekend!

Ta!

Pin It

11 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! Hooray! I love your kissing cards - both of them!

Hussena said...

Congrats on your 100th post..both your cards look just gorgeous!!! i love the kissing technique you have used!!

Michelle said...

1000 posts? Wow! That sure is a milestone! I love both your cards, and I can imagine a whole set made using this idea. :-)

Dawn T said...

both are so stunning Gayatri. The colour is incredible. I think I like the second one, with the smaller strip of the colour.

Unknown said...

Both are beautiful cards!! Love them both. I can't decide which is better too :) Congrats on your 1000th post!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Both cards are very pretty but I esp like the first where you can see more of the technique.

Jodene said...

Two totally gorgeous cards, I love them both! Fantastic use of the kissing technique too :)

Karen M said...

I really love both your cards! I love the pink and your flowers are beautiful, hugs x x

Danielle said...

This is gorgeous! Perfect execution of the technique! Thanks for joining us at ABNH :)

Unknown said...

This is INCREDIBLE!!! Oh how I love how bright and bold the first card is and the 2nd is a perfect example of CAS! Wonderful cards. i can't pick a fave. I love them both! Thank you so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero.

A Blog Named Hero said...

Gayatri, these cards are simply STUNNING. I just love them. ( I Could go on gushing, but you get the point!))

They're just perfection :)

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!~

Linda
A Blog Named Hero