Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clean and Simple Class Day #2


Hey everybody!

It is day #2 of CAS class and I am loving all the videos, techniques and tips from Julie, Jennifer and our own Debby Hughes. So happy to hear Debby's voice in her video. Of course her work is fab as always. I am very fond of Julie and Jennifer's work and videos. It was a treat last night with three videos. Thanks guys:)



I decided to combine Julie's and Debby's techniques into one card as I have catch up on other work at home today. I have combine reverse masking with embossing using dies into this card below.

I have used the negative of PTI tag & postive mask of the MFT speech bubbles & PTI Arrow and sponged HA's Raspberry Jam ink and also sponged SU's Rich Razzleberry on the edges. I then embossed the speech bubble and arrow. Stamped the speech bubble stamp inside the embossed edges. I didn't have the arrow stamp. So I freehanded the outline of the arrow using black pen. I then stamped the sentiments from MFT's Say What? stamp set. I had red sparkle gel pen. I went over the heart shape with it. The applied glossy accent on top. The green dots are from Pearl Pen. I then added the button from Teresa Collin's Now & Then collection and green twine from AnnaBelle Stamps.

Here are some closeup picture of the card to show the embossing and  glossy accent.




 Although it looks clean and simple, it too me atleast an hour to make it. I had to be careful of inks bleeding, inky finger on the card, giving time for glossy accent and pearls to dry... But towards the end it is so worth it.Hope you like it.

Thanks for visiting. Off to catch up of washing and cooking.

Ta!


14 comments:

Jodene said...

I love it Gayatri! You are so clever. I can't believe how long this clean & simple cards take! lol Took me three attempts to get my tree card right last night.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gayatri your shading is absolutely stunning, I love the colour so much. How cool to use the tag!

Unknown said...

Awesome masking and ink blending!

Elena said...

Amazing depth for a one-layer card! Seriously, this is amazing!

Marlou McAlees said...

ABSOLUTELY fabulous!!! love it :)

Anonymous said...

This is fab, Gayatri! The bold effect with the sponging looks amazing!

Sue McRae said...

That is some fabulous inking and embossing!

Unknown said...

This is just an awesome work you done here. What a surprise Gayatri! Tremendously designed card. I love color, inking & the layer.

Debby said...

Wow, rich colour, depth and interest - packing them in to a one layer card!

Meghan said...

This card is "gasp-worthy!" Love it!

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE that inked tag!

cards by cara said...

Love the masking you did on this one - I attempted masking on my blog but not sure if I succeeded. But it's so fun!! Isn't this a great workshop? I'm loving it!

lostinpaper said...

Inky fingers?.... we *all* know about those lol! This is perfectly executed Gayatri!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning!