Monday, April 8, 2013

Fusion Card Challenge #1

If you are looking for The craft's Meow Blog Hop, CLICK HERE!

Hey everybody,

If you have not already known about this new Challenge Blog by Jackie and Lesley, then you should check it out. It is called Fusion Card Challenge. It is very cool. Jackie has a team and they do sketches. Lesley has a team and they do inspirational pictures. And there is a team which combines the sketch with the picture to make their inspirational cards.
Love this idea. You can play one or all. It is upto you:) So fun!

Here is the first challenge for you.


I am playing along Lesley's inspirational picture first. Here is my card.



I love the colourful flowers against the white cake. I have used Happy Everything Stamp set from Clearly Besotted Stamps and Textured stamp from Kaisercraft to make my card. I have copic coloured the flowers and leaves. Love the bright flowers.

I have done the sketch too. Just need to take photo of it in daylight and will blog the card soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ta!

14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and vibrant card Gayatri! I love your crackle background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the first Fusion Hypothesis!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri - LOVE the vibrant colours & fab background!
So glad you joined in the fun for the first FUSION hypothesis :)

Marybeth said...

Wow! This is stunning Gayatri ! I love the blue in the center of the flowers.....wow!

Sue Bridges said...

Such a simple technique for such a powerful result! Beautiful!

Dawn T said...

LOVE this Gayatri. Love the background. I saw this stamp at Spotlight, now I think I need to go back and get it!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The flowers are so VIBRANT, wow I love them! So glad you joined us for our very first Fusion challenge Gayatri! :)

Taheerah said...

Love this Gayatri! The colours of the flowers are so bright and zingy!! Great textured background too!!

jintyoo7 said...

Saw this on the Fusion blog ....and gasped then! Wonderful "fusion", Gayatri (great background stamp)!

Sue McRae said...

Love those vivid flowers against the soft crackled background.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic take on the inspiration photo. ;-) These Clearly Besotted flowers are some of my all-time favorites, and I love them in these bright, happy colors. Thank you so much for joining us for our first Fusion challenge.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Can't take my eyes off that textured background, Gayatri! Looks like fine Italian marble. :)

Thanks for playing along with our first experiment at Fusion!

~amy~ said...

The contrast between the background and your gorgeous blooms is so very striking...awesome work! thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

StephInOK said...

I love your cards! This one is SO vibrant and pretty!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a fantastic card, Gayatri! LOVE how you paired those modern, neon flowers, with the old world marble background. Such great contrast = fabulous style. Love it!! SO glad you joined the first Fusion Challenge!