Saturday, July 5, 2014

Guest Designing at The Cutting Edge Challenge.


 Good' day everybody.



I am sharing with you a card I made as guest designer for The Cutting Edge Challenge #2
I am so excited and honoured to be selected as guest designer for the challenge. Thank you team!


Here is the inspirational card for Challenge #2


When Karolyn emailed me her card to work with for the second challenge, I was very thrilled because this is one of my favourite card by Karolyn. I remember seeing this card on her blog (for another challenge if I am correct!) and went Wow! That watercolour effect on the cityscape is just awesome, perfect and beautiful in all ways. The black strip is a nice contrast. I inspired by it and wanted to CASE it for a long time. Now, I was one happy girl. Thanks Karolyn!

So my card below is inspired by watercolour on the cityscape die.

Just because 2

The cityscrape die is from My Favorite Things. I have diecut a few of them and used three distress inks- Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry and Crushed Olive to add watercolour to the die cuts. I love vibrant colours. Once dry, I layered the cityscape dies on the card front. Added black glitter tape to the bottom of the card front. I used Black Soot distress ink to add spatter. I learnt it from Julie Ebersole. She is one of my favourite designers. Stamped sentiment is from Contemporary Roses from MFT. Finally added some enamel dots in the same colours as the watercolour to finish off the card. I have a tip for you: I did not have the smallest size hot pink enamel dot. so I coloured a light pink enamel dot with copic marker to match the colour I wanted. How cool is that?  Now you can colour enamel dots the colour you want to match your project. I reaaly love how my card turned out. Hope you do too!

Check out all the amazing projects from the other designers at The Cutting Edge!


We love if you can play along with us.

HERE ARE THE RULES: 

• Create a new, not previously posted card that features some kind of die-cutting (manual or electronic – all forms are accepted). Back-dated submissions will not be considered for the win.• You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz separately.
• Please use the project provided for your inspiration.  We'd love for you to mention in your submission how you interpreted the inspiration project, in case it's not obvious to the design team.
• You're welcome to combine up to three (3) challenges with the Cutting Edge Challengebut NOT in conjunction with a promotional blog hop.  If you have questions about this, please feel free to contact us.
• If you have a blog, please include the project inspiration graphic in your post.
• You can link to FlickrSplitcoast or another online gallery if you don't have a blog.
• You must have a working text link to the Cutting Edge Challenge Blog to be eligible for a win.
• Link to your post and not to your entire blog when adding your project to InLinkz.
• Please consider adding the Cutting Edge Challenge badge to your blog.
• Most importantly have fun, be creative and challenge yourself to try something new! 
  
We also have the wonderful Ellen Hutson sponsoring prizes. 


For more details about the prizes and linky tool to link your projects, head over to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog.

You have until Thursday, ends on 7/10/14 at 9:00 AM EDT to play along!  We can’t wait to see what you all create!  Let the die-cutting begin! 

Thanks so much for visiting. Have a great weekend!
My blog signature

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Gayatri. Love the splashes of the bright colour on the houses.

Cris G. said...

I agree with you, Gayatri. That cityscape is one of my favorite cards ever. Yours is pretty amazing, too. Love the interpretation and the twist you gave to make it your own.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fun cards Gayatri. Love the bright color splashes.

Marybeth said...

Love the splashes of color on the city ! Gorgeous!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE the fun way you layered the dies on this!!