Monday, September 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Lovely Leaves


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge
Here is the new Challenge for you.

photo source:  flickr.com

It is so funny because for me in Australia, today is start of Spring. And I am post a challenge using fall leaves as inspiration. Ah well, both have colours on them. My inspiration for this challenge is very literal. Fall leaves and grey background. But I did watercolouring technique to achieve it. Here is my take on the challenge.

Thankful for you card

I have used PTI Autumn leaves which I inked using distress ink, stamped using second generation stamping. I then dipped the watercolour brush in water and painted the leaves to blur the defined edges and give the water colour look. I have dried each layer of the leaf before repeating the same process of layering the leaves. Once the leaves are dried, I did wet on wet technique and added diluted Black Soot distress ink to give the grey background.

Thankful for you vertical

The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter's A Tree for all Seasons. Finally added some Fall sequins mix from Pretty Pink Posh.

Here is the list of all the Curtain Call designers. Check out how they interpreted the Lovely Leaves photo.

Lovely Leaves Designers


My blog signature

15 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning! A true work of art!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a gorgeous card Gayatri. Love the colors and the water-coloring. I will have to give this a try.

Denisse said...

Stunning!!!

~amy~ said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning! I love your watercoloring!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous water coloured leaves! Happy sigh.... :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness how PRETTY!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful card...it looks so pretty and love the use of grey to really highlight the leaves.

Megan Carroll said...

This is very pretty! Love those leaves!

Dawn T said...

stunning... love the watercolouring. It gives a great look of layering and texture.

BeverlyBL said...

Wow! This is so pretty. Love the depth that your shadowing gives. I would have been scared to use the Black Soot, but it looks great. Happy Spring.

Broni said...

Absolutely beautiful! So ethereal!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous effect you created with your combination of stamping and watercolouring. I love the grey background too. It reminds me of winters in Melbourne!
Heather T

Tracey McNeely said...

So gorgeous!!