Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Going Dotty!

Second post for today! My first post is HERE!


wed-newchallenge-header


Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too

This week the challenge is Going Dotty!


We are showcasing Art Impressions Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

Here is my take on the Getting Dotty Challenge using Art Impressions stamp.

SSS Going Dotty

I started with stamping the image from Art Impressions called Cupcake Bff's and coloured with copic markers. I must tell you that I really enjoyed colouring this image. Made me smile a lot. I then covered the image with rubber cement and left it to dry. The image is now masked. I then placed the Tiny Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp over the image and sponged Black Soot Distress ink. I removed the rubber cement from the image by just rubbing my fingers over the image. The inner panel is die cut using Winnie & Walter's Essential: Audrey Cutaway. I sponged Soft Granite ink to the edges of the panel. Love the scallop edge. The black frame is die cut using Mama Elephant Femme frame die.



SSS Going Dotty closeup

To assemble the card, I make a white card base, then adhered the black frame using liquid glue, then the stamped panel using foam adhesives. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Birthday Messages stamp set which I had white embossed on black cardstock, I then trimmed the cardstock and adhered using foam adhesive. Finally I have used Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I have brushed Pink Wink of Stella on the cupcake. Here is a closeup of my card.

SSS going dotty  flat

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting


Do you use Instagram?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!








You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw

word-verif

Thanks for visiting my blog.

My blog signature

8 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Gayatri! Love that cute image! Amazing coloring!!

hugs...

Heather said...

A fabulous card Gayatri, gorgeous colouring of the adorable image and super design and colouring!!

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card!!!! I love the glittered dots you added to the shirt :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Berina RGA said...

beautiful card Gayatri!! love it!!

Lin said...

Great card for the challenge this week, Gayatri - love the bright colors!

debs2107 said...

I love your coloring...so beautiful!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Gayatri! this is precious, luv the darker polka dotted background...so fun! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Tricia Coffin said...

I love the striking color combination you used here, so vibrant and appealing. The scalloped frames sets everything off so nicely.