Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Winnie & Walter Rerun!


Hello everyone,

I am delighted to be back with my internet working better than before. No more disconnection happening since last night. Any improvement is good. It is slow but atleast I am connected.

So now I can share my projects starting with this card for Winnie & Walter's Rerun feature


Each month, Winnie & Walter features one product each month and sharing lots of inspiration using that product by the design team and also this product will be on sale for the entire month. How cool is that? This month we are featuring THIS AWESOME HOUSE stamp set.

w&w_ThisAwesomeHouse_web-wm

This is a beautiful stamp set and can be combined with other sets to get more out of it. I love the variety of sentiment that can be used on the banner. That makes this set versatile. Love it. This is my card using This Awesome stamp set.

Welcome home card #1

I stamped to create my own background using the stamps from This Awesome House. I decided to use a grey card stock for my base panel. This is Fog cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped the banners randomly first using Versafine Black ink. Then coloured them using distress markers. I outlined the banners with Squeezed Lemon marker and inside with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feather. Because the cardstock is grey, the blue looks more darker and yellow is bright. I filled in the gaps with the solid images (don't know what they  are called :(  ) and also stamped the sentiment inside the banner. I also added some shimmer using Sakura Clear Gel pen on the banners. 

To tone down the busy background, I added vellum panel. On the vellum panel, I white heat embossed the big house, coloured the windows in yellow. Then I stamped the banner on a scrap piece of white cardstock, coloured, stamped the sentiment, hand cut out and adhered using foam adhesives. I hid more foam adhesives behind banner to adhered the vellum panel on the card front. Finally embellished with Sunshine Glow and Bermuda Blue iridescent sequins and Sparkly Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to bring the colours together.

Here is a close up of the photo.

Welcome home closeup

Check out Winnie & Walter Blog for more inspirations using This Awesome House stamp set and if you like to play along, then there is a linky to link your project.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




My blog signature

3 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Hello Gayatri,

Wonderful card - love the vellum panel! This is a gorgeous technique, with the stamped base card, and what pristine white embossing :-)

Karen D said...

Gorgeous card as usual - you really do create works of art!!!

Berina RGA said...

lovely card!! love the colors you have used!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie