Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Simon Says One Layer!


Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the Have a Heart Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too

wed-newchallenge-header

This week the challenge is One Layer!

For this challenge you may add die cut pieces and embellishments but the front of the card should look like one layer. We know this one can be tricky for some folks, but we also know you guys ROCK OUR SOCKS every week, so we can’t WAIT to see what you do with the One Layer challenge! Your designs inspire us! Show us what you can do!

We are showcasing Paper Smooches Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px

Here is my one layer card for the challenge.

PS one layer #1

I have used Blossoming Buds stamp set from Paper Smooches to stamp over the edges of the grey cardstock.  The inspiration for this card came from Jennifer McGuire's  White Pencil Highlights for stamping video. I loved how the White Prisma pencil softens the stamped image and gave highlights to the image as well. I decided to use a grey cardstock and try the technique. When I did practice piece, I loved the chalkboard effect this technique card against the grey cardstock. Hence I choose grey as my background instead of coloured cardstock. I did white pencil highlighting to the entire of the stamped images including the sentiment. Then I felt that the definition of the image was lost. So I sharpened my pencil and went through the outline of the images to get a nice definittion. Then I added some colous here and there using blue, pink, yellow, green and gold pencils. Finally used Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh to embellish and finish the card.


PS one layer card closeup


Hope you like my one layer card. So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting

Instagram

If you use instagram add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw

word-verif
Card Supplies: 




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
My blog signature

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri, the chalkboard effect design is so pretty, the whole card is very lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

Nicely done, Gayatri - love your chalkboard look!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful!! Love the chalkboard look!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Tricia Coffin said...

Hi Gayatri,
I taught school for years. Back when we used a blackboard, I would draw around the penmanship lesson for my kindergarten students using colored chalk. It looked so pretty. Your card reminds me of this. Your blossoms around the perimeter of the card are so uniform that I thought you had used a stamp that was shaped with an oval cut out in the center. I also watched Jennifer's lesson about using white pencil to highlight. You aced it with this card. I must make this for my best friend who is a teacher. She still goes on about my colored chalk drawings on the blackboard. Thanks for a nice walk down memory lane. :-)

Heather said...

The gorgeous chalkboard effect is stunning, a beautiful design with super with the coloured highlights and sequins!!

hugs
Heather xx

Heidi's Wanderings said...

The white really stands out on that black background. It look fabulous.

Natalie said...

Love this technique! Your card is so sweet. Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog! It means a lot!

Toni C said...

I just love this card.

Stephanie said...

How FUN! I love the chalky look... super pretty and helps the colors to pop even more!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kim P said...

Stunning card! I love the technique; I will have to watch that video and try it myself. Beautifully done!

D.Ann C said...

Love this incredible look!

Bashful said...

Wow - I love this card! You did an awesome job with that white pencil!