Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Reason to Smile Release!

Good morning everyone,

I am so excited  about the new Reason To Smile collection from Simon Says Stamp. Did you check it out? LOVE the plush dies, the embossing powders and the felt. And Suzy's watercolour prints are awesome. Not to mention the stamp sets and coordinating dies. I want it all like yesterday :) Haha! That is not going to happen. However I do have one of the cutest background stamp from the collection. Yay! Thank you Heidi for sending me this cutest background stamp. I LOVE it  This background stamp is called Peeps! Today I am sharing an Easter card with you using this new background stamp.

Happy Easter card #1

I white heat embossed the background stamp on watercolour paper. You can see that I did not get an even coverage of the images. But I am not bothered by it because I like the texture it created on the watercolour paper. If I had stamped and heat embossed the background image on white cardstock, I want them to be perfect because I will sponge the background. The sponging will be even and therefore an evenly heat embossed background will be perfect. With watercolour background, I love the imperfections and texture.  Hope you are with me here :)

Happy Easter closeup #1


I coloured the background with distress inks, diluting it to get pastel colours. The panel is then die cut using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Die. The "Happy" die cut is from Painted Happy Birthday die also from Simon Says Stamp. The "Easter"  sentiment  from Essential Greetings is silver heat embossed on a vellum strip and wrapped around the panel. I adhered this panel on Fog card base and embellished with Pretty Pink Posh 10mm, 6mm and 4mm Sparkly Clear sequins.

Hope you like my card using Peeps background stamp from Reason To Smile Collection. They are available for purchase at Simon Says Stamp Store.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri! I love the pretty pastel background you've created
hugs
Mandy xx