Friday, October 22, 2010

JAI #40

Hey everybody, I made a card for Just Add Ink color challenge #40
Here are the colors.


Such lovely pastel colors. Don't they look pretty? But they are not my sort of colors. Thats actually made me  try a card now, like right now, before I change my mind. lol! 
I also bought the Two Step Owl Punch recently from SU and was trying out last night. The owls are so cute. I made some bookmarks and Aditi, my 9 year old, kept making lots and lots of owls. She took them to school today to give her friends. Anyway, here is the card I made using the Owl punch and the colors above.


Woohoo! I love how it turned out. Don't you think so? And most of all I love how the photo came out too. Lighting is perfect. I am getting there... mmmm!
Thanks for the color challenge. It makes me try the colors I normally don't think of using.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Sand Sahara, Bashful Blue, Petal Pizzaz and Blushing Bride
Stamps set: Punch Potpurri and A Happy Heart ( retired ) from SU and Woodgrain background stamp set from PTI
Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, Boho Blossom punch,  1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Two Step Owl punch and Two Step Bird punch from SU, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Kaisercraft rhinestones.

I have an exciting news to share today. So I will have a second post tonight. Please visit again. Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers!

15 comments:

Nikki Sadler said...

Love your card - and love that you were first LOL

Anonymous said...

THis is gorgeous. Great job being first... you obviously didnt have to start over and over and over again like I did with these colours, they arent my kind of colours either! LOL
Thanks for playing with JAI
Gardenia

Christine Blain said...

Gayatri, this is super-cute - and so quick!! Love it!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the little punched flowers around the little owl 'peep' hole!- cute card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Gayatri, this is just ADORABLE! Love that cute little owl!

Christine said...

so so cute, lovely card, i also love the way the little owl is in his "peep hole".

Kerry Parkinson said...

Such a cute card! Love the eyes!

Ssue Bayliss said...

Love the little owl very cute

Anna Sutherland said...

I had to laugh when I opened up your link and seen what you had created. Great minds think alike.

Mae's Cachet said...

This is gorgeous and I love how the embossed piece blends in with the DSP and the owl peeping through the hole.

Danielle Daws said...

So gorgeous! That embossing folder is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great Card! Really cute and the stamped background just sets it off! Thanks for playing along with JAI

Tania Gould said...

WOW excellent use of these colours!!!! Thanks for playing!

AJ said...

Great take on the colour challenge! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

Tammy said...

I love the owl peeking through the hole, very cute!