Monday, October 25, 2010

October Papertrey Blog Hop



Another month has come and nearly gone. Cannot believe its already 25th of October. But the exciting thing that happens every 25th is PTI's blog hop.

This month's theme is
There is always a lot of focus on Christmas in our industry this time of year, as that is what the majority
of the population celebrates.  However, this month's blog hop is dedicated to those that celebrate winter
holidays other than Christmas.  Create a project that celebrates Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or some other
winter holiday as we embrace everyone's beliefs in a celebration of diversity through paper crafting.


I decided to make a card for my PTI forum friend Noora as she will be celebrating Eid in November. Its exciting to make a card for Eid as I don't celebrate Eid.  This the first Eid card I have ever made. Did some research on the festival to be honest as I knew very little about it.  Without any further delay, here is the card.


Hope I picked the right colors, Noora! And  I kept the sentiment general on the outside. I like the way the card turned out. I hope you like it, Noora!  Ted, the green is Hunter's Green. I was reminded of you when I was making the card. I am loving the color now. Will definitely buy PTI's  Pinefeather Green cardstock in my next order.
Now, this month's theme is very interesting and I want to see what everbody else has made.
Happy Hopping!
Cheers!

23 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Love all the stars on this! Very nice card and so sweet of you to make it for Noora!

Banu said...

Gayatri, This card turned out just gorgeous. WOW.. Loved the stars and the whole design.

Dana said...

Gayatri, this is lovely. The green really adds something and your stars are just perfect. What a lovely card. I made an EID card too!

Kara said...

gorgeous!! i'm sure noora will love it!

Amy Kolling said...

Love all the stars and your layout is fantastic!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh no, I forgot all about EID! Thanks for the reminder, I will go look at the site to see the explanation~ lol, your card could really be a baby card, too, that didn't escape me!

Marge said...

Great card!!!

Kelly S. said...

What a beautiful design with those layered hearts...love the rich jewel tones!

Laura Isham said...

Love that you used pinefeather. The white stars really pop against the monochromatic green.

Mariah said...

I LOVE the way the stars cascade on the card. SO very pretty!

Unknown said...

WOW, SOO pretty!! so beautiful!! LOVE IT..I am screaming by the way!! love the colors, there are no specific colors for Eid, so anything is cool, thank you Gayatri!

Keva said...

Gayatri, this is so pretty! I love the colors and design.

merryf said...

This is so lovely! I love the way the stars look like they are showering down -- just beautiful!

Kristii said...

Absolutely wonderful!!! Love all the stars!!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

That is a cool card! I love your design with all the stars. Very pretty!

Sue Lelli said...

WONDERFUL card! Just LOVE the glitter detail around the sentiment! You have one very lucky friend!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Beautiful card!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Love it and love the colors - so perfect for an Eid card!

Adele Fowler said...

wow!! really love all the different stars :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great stars and bling elements. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

pattylt said...

What a fantastic card and I know Noora will love it. I sure do! Love those stars! Perfect!

Terri said...

Very nice! Love all the stars.

Linda said...

This is fantastic! I love all the stars and your layering of colors make them pop. Love the glitter and how nicely it is applied. It's all very festive. Noora will love it!!