Saturday, January 25, 2014

Runaway Inspired Challenge #52


A quick post today. Sharing a card I made for Runaway Inspired Challenge #52



I am inspired by the brush strokes on the dress with the subtle blue and the bright red lipstick. So here is my take on the challenge.

Happy Birthday Card

I have gone for the freestyle layered scrapbook layout on my card. For the brush strokes, instead of the brush strokes, I opted for flowers from Avery Elle Petals and Stems stamp set and stamped with gelatos to give the watercolour look. I trimmed a panel of it and layered with vellum, watercoloured blue and pink pattern paper. I used the bright red happy birthday diecut to add sentiment. I have spatted some blue Mr. Huey on the card front before I adhered the layers. Finally added a bow and accented with enamel dots.
Here is a close up!

Happy Birthday closeup!

Thanks for stopping by!

Catch you later.

Blog-Siggy-in-gold

7 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wonderful! I wish I could do layers as effectively as you!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous colors and layering! You have done this challenge with that special Gayatri twist--->bold and beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us!

Dawn Turley said...

Very beautiful Gayatri.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Absolutely stunning Gayatri!! Love those beautiful subtle layers coupled with that bold sentiment! Fabulous!!

Litasha Gandhi said...

wonderful........... Love the layers.

craftvithme said...

Clever use of the AE flowers :) Your card looks so modern and stylish

Tasnim said...

love this card, bright and BEautiful!!