Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Curtain Call Challenge - Beginnings!


Welcome to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!!

This week we are inviting you to join us for...



The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!

Here is my take on the challenge.
I am inspired by the Cherie Blossom picture on the top left. Love the beautiful background of those pictures. I tried to recreate the background with cherry blossom in the foreground.

Have a great Day

So to create the hazy beautiful background, I sponged Pumice Stone distress ink from the top of the card front and Tattered Rose distress ink from the bottom.Then sprayed a fine mist of shimmer from Tsukineko. I love this shimmer spray. This gives the beautiful morning haze like feel to the background.

have a great day closeup

For the cherie blossoms I have used Penny Black's Nature's Song die. I die cut using kraft cardstock and then sponged Gathered Twigs distress ink to shade some dark and lighter brown. I then simply layered and glued the twigs in place. For the pink Cherry Blossoms, I added some Pink Blush 4mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Have a great day closeup1

The sentiment is from A Day in Paris stamp set from Penny Black. I LOVE how this card turned out. Love the subtle background. Hope you like my take on the challenge.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!



My blog signature

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Dawn T said...

beautiful Gayatri. The sequins are just like berries.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Gayatri. Love the branches with the little sequins.

Marisa said...

Love the branches with the sequins!

Melody said...

This so pretty! Love the branches with the sequins.