this is my second post for today. HERE is my first post.
Techniques used: Inlaid die cut, watercolouring and sponging & blending inks.
1. My card base is Fog card stock.
2. The card front panel is Bristol cardstock trimmed to 4"x5.25".
3. First I white heat embossed the heart shaped flower cluster from Simon Says Stamp's Roses for You stamp set on the centre bottom of the panel.
4. I coloured the image using Distress inks - Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn for the leaves.
5. Once dry, I sponged distress inks on the background. I used Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked raspberry and Candied Apple distress inks. Sponged from light to dark and back from dark to light to get a good blend.
6. I spattered clean clear water and moped it up. Then sprayed with Shimmer spray. It looks gorgeously shimmery :)
7. When dry, I used the dies from Reverse Confetti to die cut on top of the watecoloured heart shaped roses. I also die cut couple of more words using the same dies.
8. On the back of the panel, I adhered adhesive sheet. This helped me inlay the dies back in place.
9. I stacked glued the die cuts with the watercoloured die cut on top. Then I inlaid this stack back in place on the panel with all the bits and pieces as well.
10. I felt the top part of the panel was a bit bare. So I used Simon Says Stamp's falling Hearts Stencil and sponged darker shade of red and pink distress inks. That was the perfect subtle background I wanted on the panel.
11. I adhered this panel on the card base and embellished the card front with Sparkly Clear sequins.
Here is a closeup of the card and the dimension of the inlaid die cut sentiment.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog.