Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Simon Says It's Hip to be Square!


KidsChallenge-01-600x74
CLICK HERE to go straight to the Kids Vacation Challenge

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Make For the Border Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

It's Hip To Be Square

We are showcasing our very own Simon Says Stamp Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px
I have taken this challenge in the literal sense and made a square card. My card is 5"x5".

Sending Big Hugs #1

I die cut masking paper using a square die and masked the centre of the card with the masking paper die cut to the centre of the card. Then I used MISTI to stamp layers of tropical leaves from Tropical Leaves stamp set. I have double stamped many of the leaves to get even coverage. I have used Simon Says Stamp Lucky, Jelly Bean, Willow, Malibu Blue, Melon, Sunshine and Hot Lips inks and Delicata Gold Pigment ink. Then I removed the masking paper. There was a bit of bleeding as I had double stamped and also stamped layers. Masking paper do not hold that much of ink from stamping. To fix the bleeding, I used my black fineliner and drew the border inside. This added a nice frame and contrast.


sending big hugs closeup

I stamped the greeting from Big Scripty Greetings in the centre using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink.  I felt the card needed a bit of dimension. So I stamped and die cut images from Tropical Leaves images and clustered adhered them diagonally opposite to the sentiment.

Sending big hugs flat #1


I LOVE how colourful this card turned out. Hope you like it too.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out.



Simon Says Stamp

You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw

Kid'sChallenge-01

We also have a Kids Vacation Challenge running for the whole month of August, CLICK HERE to go directly to the challenge where you will find all of the details plus you will see what our Junior design Team created!
word-verif

Card Supplies:





My blog signature

5 comments:

Lin said...

What a beauty, Gayatri!

Lorraine A said...

Love this card Gayatri, the tropical flowers and colours are stunning, I love the whole design of this, very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous design! VERY on trend! :D

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Stacy Sheldon said...

This is so cheerful :)
I love the colors!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Gayatri. Love the tropical look