Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Simon Says Make for the Border!



KidsChallenge-01-600x74

CLICK HERE to go straight to the Kids Vacation Challenge

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Let's Go Wild Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

Make For The Border

this week we would like to see some sort of interest around the borders of your project, whether it is using a decorative border stamp, punch or die along one edge or around the whole project, we will be looking forward to seeing how you interpret this challenge!
We are showcasing Memory Box Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px
For my challenge, I have used Weeping Willow Archway die from Memory Box to make the border on my blog.

Happiest wishes to you #1

I die cut the Weeping Willow Archway die using watercolour paper. Then I coloured the die cut using Zig Clean Brush markers. While the watercoloured die cut was drying, I stamped the images from Springtime Critters and Melody's Easter stamp sets on watercolour paper and also coloured the images and background with Zig Clean Brush markers. The chicks I stamped on a scrap piece of watercolour paper, coloured and hand cut them out.

Happiest closeup1

I simply adhered the Weeping Willow die cut on top of the background coloured panel then layered adhered the chicks. The sentiment is from Springtime Critters stamp set. It actually says "Hoppiest wishes to you". I used a black fineliner to make a 'a' out of 'o'. Here are pictures of the card.

Happiest flat

I am crafting after a few days break as I was away. I simply enjoyed colouring. This is the first time I have got back into crafting the day I came back. Pretty happy with how the card turned out. Hope you like it too.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out.



Simon Says Stamp


You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw.

Kid'sChallenge-01

We also have a Kids Vacation Challenge running for the whole month of August, CLICK HERE to go directly to the challenge where you will find all of the details plus you will see what our Junior design Team created!
word-verif

Card Supplies:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
My blog signature

3 comments:

Lorraine A said...

aww this is so cute!! I love the background die, very pretty and the little girl and the chicks are adorable :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stephanie said...

What an adorable scene! I love the bright palette too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

How cute is this, Gayatri?! My favorite part of your cute scene are those sweet birds! Such a fun card!