Monday, October 20, 2008

Passion... Fruit...Creeper

Well, there is a story behind the passionfruit creeper in my house.

When we moved in to the housecouple of years ago, the backyard was over grown with this creeper. We did not know what this creeper was. Thought it could be Wisteria!!The leaves resembled Wisteria.

The backyard was so dark and dirty with fallen leaves. We decided to chop it off. I chopped it till the lowest of the trunk. Left the root because I had no more strength to do anymore chopping. Hoping I will keep nipping off the new shoots and keep it at bay. What an idea! But this creeper started to sprout every other place, between my vegie garden. So annoying but I kept chopping them off. Not giving up easily. How dare you? I used to literally fight with the creeper!!

Anyway, during winter we decided to not to grow anything in the small patch. But this creeper is one adamant, persistant plant that it just sprouted again and grew very fast sucking all the compost I put into the soil. Grrrrrrrr! The leaves were so like wisteria that we read some information on Wisteria and decided to leave it to grow. Wisteria's flowers are so beautiful and fragrant.

But to our disappointment, the flowers were different. Although, it was very pretty and fragrant, it was not Wisteria. My DS took some pictures of the flower with his tiny point and shoot camera. I decided to put one of the photo up in my blog to see if any of you know what it is?

Fortunately after a few days, ChrisW in her comments said that it could be Passion Fruit. AND.... Yes, Is it passion fruit. What a Surprise? My DH loves passionfruit. I hate it! So we are keeping it for now to see if it will give some fruits.

So girls, this is the story behind the Passion Fruit Creeper at my home. Will load more photos of the flower and creeper tonight.
Enjoy the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Angela said...

WOW!! Im not a lover of passionfruit themselves, but I love the flavouring lol! Gorgeous flower on them though, who would have thought hey Gayatri! WEll done Chris!!!