Sunday, March 1, 2009

D is for daring daughter...

New month brings new challenges at Debs creations. There are plenty of challenges-Recipe challenge, sketch challenges, inspiration from a song challenge, challenge chic challenge, challenges from sponsors and many more.
This is Theresa's challenge:
My challenge is to create a layout using a monogram and "is for.." as the title.The idea is to get a bit creative with listing some words to describe what is in your layout that start with the letter of your monogram.
I thought it was a fun challenge. I immediately knew what photo to use. It was a daring photo of my daughter. I was trying to use flash with the digital SLR and it was too bright for indoors. But I just loved the photo when I converted into black and white. I then played with contrast on photoshop. Beautiufl photo was the result.
Little Yellow Bicycle, Love Notes paper came to mind again. Perfect for the project. One of the paper is a embossed paper. Awesome. I think I have told about this paper before. I still have a piece remaining. Other products used are Black Bazzill card stock, pink Versa color ink, Prima Say it in crystals, RW laser cut chipboard shrub, Lace, ribbon, Vinyl shape from American Craft, Pink paislee alphas, the "D' chipboard alpha and the pink layered flowers from Kmart and Kaiser Craft pearls.
I have done something different. I have used a piece of cardboard which I have inked round the edges. I have also inked the flowers of the chipboard shrub and heat embossed it and decorated the centre with the Kaiser craft pearls.
Here are some close up:





Until next time...

Hugs

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Such a gorgeous layout Gayatri. I love the pic.
I have left a little something for you on my blog!...xxx

Kath Parker said...

Wow that photo is gorgeous love the layout too.

Kath
xx