Monday, May 4, 2009

Arty Pants design team call challenge #1

Hey everybody,

New week for the month of May. New week brings new challenges.I signed up for Arty Pants Design Team Call and we have about 3 challenges in total and 1 per week and the winner will be annound on 29th of May.

This is the first challenge. This is an Ad from "Inside Out' Mag and using this Ad as an inspiration create a layout either 12 x 12 or 8.5 x 11 sizes.


And here is my take on the challenge.
I have used the sketch and the color from the Ad as inspiration.
I have gone out of my comfort zone of 12 x 12. This is a 8.5 x 11 size layout.I have used Basic Grey Lime Rickey paper as the base. Photos are Russell Falls from Tassie.
Flowers from Green Tara and Prima. Leaves from Scrapbook Blossoms. Alphas from BG Lime Rickey range, Pearl flourish from Prima as well.

Here is the closeup of the bamboo leave on the layout. I printed them on the paper. So in a way this is a hybrid layout. My first Hybrid. Yay!!!

Ok, got to go now.
Thanks for stopping by
Hugs

3 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Looks Gorgeous...I love waterfalls!
I like using advertisements as sketches, this one looks wicked! Love your take on it Luv Shaz xoxo

chrisw said...

stunning layout and photos.goodluck G

Sasha Farina said...

good luck G! love the colors here..