Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspirational Challenge - Smooches!

This is my second post for today. Here is my first post!

It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


We have a new sponsor, Paper Smooches, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Smooch!  A randomly selected participant in the Smooch challenge will be awarded a $25 gift certificate to the Paper Smooches store, while the LEAD of the challenge will be invited as a guest designer for a future challenge!


Kim from Paper Smooches generously provided us designers with our choice of stamp set. My choice was Bold Buzzwords stamp set. Here is the image of the set.


I love this set for the large handwritten sentiments plus I have the LOVE die that coordinates with the sentiment on the stamp. Moreover, I love the three heart shapes in the set perfect to use for this challenge graphics. Here is my card using the Bold Buzzwords stamp set and die for the challenge.

Welcome Love vertical 1

I have sponged some Spun Sugar distress inks on the top of the panel. Then diecut pink vellum banner using Paper Smooches Flag Tag die. I adhered this vellum banner on the centre of the panel. drew some faux stitched lines using grey pen. I then die cut two "love" from white cardstock and one using pink pattern paper. I stacked and glued them. Adhered this on top of the banner. I stamped the smaller sentiment on a strip of white card stock, cut at an angle and adhered using foam. The heart shapes are stamped using Worn Liptstick distress ink and waterbrushed to give a soft watercolour look. I then added Pink Blush sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and rhinestones to complete my card. Lastly mounted this completed panel on the card base using foam adhesives. 
Here is a closeup of the card.

Welcome Love closeup

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!

Smooch Designers

My blog signature

9 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So sweet Gayatri. Love the vellum banner, the stitch lines... those tiny hearts are awesome.

Deepti said...

Sweet design! Love the vellum banner :)

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely, Gayatri!

Lyn said...

Totally gorgeous I love your pink vellum

Kara said...

such a sweet design!

~amy~ said...

so very pretty, I love all the pinks!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Gayatri. So romantic looking.

Marisa said...

Fabulous :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Gayatri, love your design.