Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Smile, it's your Birthday!


Hello again,

A quick post today sharing a card I made using the new Wplus9 goodies that arrived last week.

Smile card 2

 Watercolouring is massive at the moment. I love the technique as it is very forgiving. No need to have a clean and crisp image. More softer the image, the better it looks. But then this stamp set called Watercoloured Anemones from Wplus9 comes along and you can stamp watercoloured images without watercolours or brush. How cool is that? I love such stamp sets. To somebody like me who is a beginner at watercolouring, this set is perfect to achieve the professional watercolour look without having to do watercolouring. Yay!

So I stamped the flowers and leaves from Watercoloured Anemones stamp set and created the background on the card front. I then die cut the "Smile" from Flower doodle dies three time with black cardstock. They are stacked and glued with glossy accent which I also applied generously on the top to get the glossy finish to the die cut. The smaller sentiment is from Strictly Sentiments 5 stamped on a strip of white cardstock, trimmed fish tail edges and added to the die cut sentiment.

Smile closeup

Thanks for stopping by today.

My blog signature

7 comments:

Anni said...

So so beautiful!
Anni

SD pooja said...

Its Beautiful ! I love the bold colors on your card ,though they are bright, bold but never overpowering !

Kara said...

beautiful! love the colors!

Brandi said...

The color combination you chose is beautiful!!! Love the pops of black.

Berina RGA said...

very beautiful Gayatri.. love it!!

Virginia L. said...

Bright and bold!! Love this beautiful card, Gayatri!

Carol D said...

Congratulations, Gayatri!!! I'm so glad to see your lovely work on the SSS Wednesday Challenge team.