Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Inspired by

At the papertrey forum, we have a thread called "Post here if you have updated your blog" and when everytime a member post their link, its a new inspiration or idea for me! I love just going through what everybody creates (provided my internet coorperates). Today, I did that in the morning and when I came across "Little Miss T"'s blog, I saw an awesome card she had created using PTI's Distressed Stripes stamp set. She had taken inspiration from the fashion world - Nautical Fashion and incorporated it on the card. I was so inspired by her card that I made a card using the nautical theme and Distressed Stripes. I made use of 2S4U sketch #51 to make the card. Here is the sketch for you.


And here is my card.


Don't the Pure Poppy buttons look Yummy! I love Pure Poppy ribbons and buttons. So glamorous and glowing... And, did you see the ruffled ribbon? I saw Ashley Newell's video and gave it a go. Its gorgeous to look at. Love it too. I am telling you, there is so many inspirations out there to see. learn,  try and make it your own. Very talented people out there willing to share. Thats great!

I have used PTI's Pure Poppy and White cardstock, Distressed Stripes and Masculine Motifs stamp set. Enchanted Evening satin ribbon, Enchanted Evening and Pure Poppy inkpads, Pure Poppy buttons and twine all from PTI.

Finally, I want to thank Little Miss Taheerah for her inspirational card, Ashley Newell for her video and Kazan and Laura for their sketch. Thank you ladies.

Have a great day!

Hugs

18 comments:

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is beautiful, Gayatri. Great color combo. I finally received Distressed Stripes in the mail yesterday and hope to ink it soon. ;-)

Have a wonderful day!

Taheerah said...

Wow, I'm so honoured that you took inspiration from my card Gayatri, and thank you so much for the shout-out! Your card is just lovely. I love the ruffled ribbon and the little extra detail with the bunched border and twine threaded button. Gorgeous!

Ted said...

Gayatri, this is a wonderful card. I'm a sucker for anything nautical so now I must go to my Distressed Stripes set and try to get "nauti" with it. :) Thanks to you and Taheerah for the inspiration! :)

Sherry said...

Fabulous card!! Love the ribbon and twine!

Lindsay said...

This is so cool! I love the distressed stripes in the navy and that ribbon is yummy! Great card!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card! I agree T's card was great and so is yours. Love the ruffled ribbon and the red sail boat.

cnelson said...

This couldn't be more fabulous! LOVE it!!

Mariana said...

This is gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors, and the button with the twine!!!Everything is perfect!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oooh, this is AWESOME; bold and striking colors, and I LOVE the black ruffled ribbon down the side!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the ruffled border and your colors.

Erica said...

Great masculine card! The Distressed Stripes go perfectly with Masculine Motifs.

Laura Davis said...

WOW this is fantastic! I love your ribbon treatment :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Stacey Schafer said...

way cool! thanks for playing along at 2S4Y:)

Barbara said...

Wonderful Father's Day card, Gayatri! Great take on the sketch--I never know how to do one of their sketches but you've figured it out!

Teresa said...

I love your ruffled ribbon and the button on the twine is perfect.Great card!

Jennifer K said...

Wow! You carried out the nautical theme wonderfully. The blue ribbon is gorgeous!

Ayana Posadas said...

I love the way you pleated the ribbon! This card looks amazing!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow!!! Look at that ribbon ruffle?? Yours is absolutely PERFECT!!! This is a fantastic card!!!