Monday, May 3, 2010

Something Vintage......

Starting the day of the week is not something my kids and husband look forward too. Why? because they got to go to school and work. But I love weekdays because I get "my" time and get to do few things I like. Like I am loving workouts at the gym. Especially, seeing the results of the hard work, I love love working out.I stand in front of the mirror and see my love handles are fading off. Its like Wow! We all know exercise is important to keep us healthy and fit but it takes a while to actually put the knowlege into action.I am happy I did it.
  Anyway, I also love to put on music and make a card during "my" time. Well, thats what I did just a hour ago. I made a card. I used 2 sketches for U sketch #51 to make this card. Once again I am late for the challenge but I still wanted to use the sketch and make a vintage looking card. Here is my card.

 
And closeup of the cluster.


I have used a variety of products from my stash. They belong to brands like Prima Marketing, Pink Paislee, Kaisercraft, Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up!,American Craft,Martha Stewart, K & Co and SEI... I went through my boxes of rubons, flowers and other embellishements and just layered. The Woodgrain background and the leaves are stamps from PTI. I liked how the shipping tag turned out. And layered the shipping tag on the pattern papers from Kaisercraft and mounted it on PTI's kraft cardstock.

Something different from the usual. Hope you like it.
"My" time for today is soon coming to an end. In a hour I have to pick the kids from school and go for swimming. Have a great day! See you tomorrow.
 
Hugs

6 comments:

Dana said...

THis is the most amazing card I've seen in a long time. I'm in love. Everything about it is perfect...all the layers, the inking, the fun embellishments all goruped together...just plain awesoem.

Angy said...

This is amazing! Looks so yummy and I think you did a fab-o job.

Barbara said...

Incredible, Gayatri!!! Just incredible! Every single element is perfect and perfectly placed! Gorgeous!

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful, Gayatri. I really like how you mixed all the patterns and colors and textures.

Pat said...

I love the look of a tag on a card. Great combo of textures and colors.

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, just beautiful! So many wonderful details to look at and admire on this :)