Saturday, December 4, 2010

Organizing smaller dies

I have been thinking a lot about organizing my smaller dies mainly PTI and Spellbinders Nesties. When I was digging a box in the garage, I found a new photo album. I decided to use it and some of my scrap papers and magnet tape to organize the dies. Here are the pictures.








My dies were in a box previously and was so hard to go through and pick what I wanted! Now its all so handy inside a photo album. Very easy to look through and take what I want. There are heaps of space left for new dies :) Similarly, I have my embossing folders and larger dies in A5 folder.

Go for a smaller photo album as the album expands when you put in the dies. I used my 100 pocket album and it is bulky when the cardstock, magnet tape and the dies are added!
Tomorrow I will share my two completed gift hampers for my kid's teachers. Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend:)

Luv!

14 comments:

Priya Venkat Designs said...

Brilliant idea. I dont have many dies as yet so a corner of my drawer is enough.....for now.

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a great way to store your dies, Gayatri. I have to organize my dies too, and this seems a great solution.

Janna Werner said...

Pretty good idea!!

Janna

June K said...

I love your idea. I have my brass stencils in a photo album like this (less the magnet) but I never thought to use this system for my PTI dies. Thanks for the idea

**June**

Stephanie said...

Absolutely fantastic idea, Gayatri! It's also very easy to "grab and go" if you would need to take it somewhere. Lovely idea.

Ash said...

I envy the collection... :( But sincerely NEIGHBORS ENVY OWNERS PRIDE!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Ash....
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this idea Gayatri.. just last night mine were tipping over.. and I had to SCOLD them! LOL!! I THINK I need to try this fun idea!!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend! Look forward to seeing your Hamper Post!

Sara Mac said...

Great idea! Not only can you see the dies better you can just take the album along with you if you make cards with a friend. Thanks for sharing.

Karen C. said...

This is a super idea - I've tried so many storage 'solutions' that just seem to create more problems. this looks like it could be the answer! thanks for showing your 'book' of dies!!

Miriam Thomas said...

What a really clever idea! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is simply the best storage idea I have seen for dies!!! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Taheerah said...

That's an amazing idea Gayatri!! Love it!!!

Nadine said...

What a great idea for storing the dies!!! It's the best one I've seen so far!

Unknown said...

I'm here from the PTI forum...I LOVE this idea! Thank you for sharing :)