Friday, March 26, 2010

March Blog Hop

Morning everybody,

Its PTI blog hop today.



This month its all about buttons!  
"From borders to backgrounds, accents and embellishments, or even incorporating them
into stamp images like any of our Button Bits stamp sets.  From paper projects to home decor to jewelry
and more, the sky's the limit!  We want to see all your very best creations using buttons and the
inspiration we will gain from each other should prove to be truly enticing!"

 I love to look at buttons. They look so yum ! Beautiful colors. But it was a challenge to use them creatively other than use them on bows and on cards! I had to think about it a lot and came up with this. 

Its a bracelet! I have used Ocean Tides, Spring Moss and True black buttons to make this. Simple and easy to make. Looks awesome when you wear it.


I also made a small envelope using Sizziz die and Bitty Box Basics Spring Moss pattern paper and Studio Style Stamp set to house the bracelet! Now since this is a gift, it also needs a card. Here is the card.


I have used Aqua Mist and True Black cardstock, 2008 Bitty Box Basics Spring Moss pattern paper, Studio Style stamp set, Ocean Tides Ribbon, Spring Moss buttons and Copic markers all from PTI. Border punch from Fiskars and dies from Spellbinders nestabilities.


Here is the card and the bracelet as a gift set.


Hope you like it. I enjoyed making this. My SIL is receiving this next month for her birthday. PTI blog hop is so much fun and each month it gives me the opportunity to make something out of my comfort zone. And I am loving it. Thanks once again for stopping by. Have fun hopping. I know I am.

Have a great evening everybody!

Hugs


44 comments:

Jen Carter said...

What a fun gift! I'm sure she'll love it!

Sara Mac said...

Great idea to make a braclet. I love the colors you chose. I love the whole gift set.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful gift set! Your bracelet is so fun!

Kathryn B said...

Great gift set! Love your color choices.

Anonymous said...

Love this! You card is fantastic!!!! Great job!

Janice McDonald said...

Great card...love your colour combo!

Rosanne said...

Terrific creations!

Anika said...

Great idea!! I love the colors - wish I was your SIL!

peggysue said...

The bracelet is cool but I have to admit I like the card better, its very cute!

Rebecca said...

Great card. She is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

Great project! I love the bracelet!

Kelly S. said...

This whole idea is just the cutest thing! I love the hues of green!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wowie, what a great gift set!! I love it all!!

Babies-Beth said...

Gayatri~ I wish I had thought of this- I love it!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your bracelet is adorable! Love the card and the envy to hold the jewelry. Very clever!

Allison Cope said...

Wonderful Gayatri! Love your bracelet! Great card colours too!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cool bracelet!! Great cards, too.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Love the bracelet. Nice card.

Karen H. said...

Love that braclet!

Amy Kolling said...

I love your bracelet and wonder how you exactly you made it....I made one too but it doesn't look like yours! Great job!

Marge said...

Totally clever, totally adorable & totally lucky SIL!!!

Teresa said...

What a nice gift set.I love it all!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love it!! Such a great gift!!

Laurie said...

LOVE that bracelet! What a great project!

Heather P. said...

This gift set is totally FABULOUS!

Sherry said...

Darling project!!

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness, how totally fabulous! What a wonderful gift set!!!

Liz said...

Way too cute!

Traveling Mama said...

A crafty friend is going to love getting this! It is SO cute!

Lori said...

This is one set I haven't inked up, I love what you have done!!

Banu said...

Gayatri, WOW!! I fell of my chair. This is seriously awesome Friend...Way to go. Loved the bracelet...and the card is just ab fab.

Savitri said...

Super cute!!!!

Katie said...

Awesome...what a great gift! I love the colors!

Cammie said...

This is such a fantastic gift set!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable creations!

Mary Dawn said...

i love the pop of black in the card and bracelet, it really brings out the icy blues and greens

Sue Plote said...

Adorable! You have a great eye for color. Just great!

Chris Simon said...

Fantastic job! The bracelet is amazing, and the card and envelope make it a perfect gift.

Terri said...

Great idea to make a button bracelet! Nice job on the card too. I bet your SIL will love it!

Holly Jordan said...

cute, cute, cute!!! Love this idea :)

Taheerah said...

Wonderful! I really love the colours you used for your card - great combo!!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! love that bracelt!

Pat said...

What a cute project. Great colors. I love the little envelope you created. Perfect use for those little envelope dies.

Dana said...

A button bracelet? Pure genius. and I love the packaging and card too. Awesome.