Sunday, March 28, 2010

Melissa's photo challenge


I just can't wait for Melissa's put her photo challenge on her blog. So as soon the photo came up, I was excited to see it. Here is the new photo by Leslie from A Creative Mint that Melissa put up for inspiration.


My first thought was, how feminine and so pretty the photo is! Loved the shades of pink and red on the flowers, the large polka dots, small hint of blue and green. Wow! I immediately pulled out SU's Rose is Rose stamp set and made a background paper for the card using shaded of pink, red and green. Then things just fell into place and Ta... da... the card is completed.lol!


I have used PTI's Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft card stock, SU's Confetti white cardstock,Bazzill textured white cardstock, Rose is a Rose stamp set from SU, PTI's Fillable frame, Polka Dots Basics II and Butterfly Dreams Stamp sets, Fiskar's border punch, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Kiwi Kiss ink pads from SU, Spring Moss, Vintage cream and True Black ink pads from PTI and finally  Spring Moss ribbon also from PTI.Here are some of the closeups of the card.


I also added a flower inside of the card as well!




Love the feminine flowery background and enjoyed making them. This is my first feminine pretty looking card.Leslie's photos brings out something different in me everytime. Like it a lot. Hope you like it too. Thanks Melissa for the challenge. 

Its a cleaning Sunday today for me. Just finished  the kitchen.Took a break to post this. Now off to folding clothes and then gardening.
You have a great weekend! One more week until Easter holidays for kids. Have to think about what to do during the holidays and plan ahead.  See you soon!

Hugs

12 comments:

Banu said...

stunning card!! WOW....Loved all the details and you drew the perfect inspiration from the photo. Awesome awesome.

Rebecca said...

This is a beautiful card. The lace behind the sentiment is nice touch. I love the rose stamp. I go to this as my default flower most of the time!

Sue Ann said...

Very pretty .......

Sherry said...

SO beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is such a pretty card! I love everything about it. I love that fillable frame too, clever way to use it!

I love that you take picture of your cards in the grass. Great idea!

Janice McDonald said...

This is absolutely beautiful...love the colours and depth you have created!

Sara Mac said...

Lovely card! I really like all your patterns and textures together. I struggle with that.

chrisw said...

I miss you my friend!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your interpretation of the inspiration photo is so LOVELY! Very "dreamy" card :)

Jean Franks Beck said...

This card is beautiful! I also have that SU! Roses set, and it's the first thing I thought of, too! I'll have to get creating...... :)

Heather Rogers said...

Lovely card! The rose set is just wonderful. Perfect for this challenge. :)

Melissa said...

This card is just pure heaven...so vibrant, sweet, and happy...shabby too. Love every inch.
Thanks for playing along.
Melis