Saturday, February 19, 2011

Second card for MIM


I have a second card to share for PTI's Make It Monday - Vellum Strip Challenge. 


I love the larger vellum strip on the bottom which softens the card and I can add more sentiments on it too. I also love this color combination. I got the idea from TV!!! Believe it or not, one afternoon with all the Oprah and Soap Operas running at the background, my eyes caught the dirty blue shirt with green tie and dark brown blazer men wore on these shows. They looked lovely on them. Noted down the color and made use of it on this card :) I added pink color to draw focus on the centre panel of the card.
Had lots of fun doing this card. Can't wait to see whats on his Monday!

Have a great day!
 
Luv!

6 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

This is gorgeous. The color combo is great.
TFS
Ang

Karen said...

Gayatri - this is really lovely! Isn't it amazing where we find inspiration! That flower stamp set you've used - that the freebie from CHA isn't it?

Karen
x

Priya Venkat Designs said...

Ok...that background teal blue doily thingy's got my attention. Die? Beautiful colours!

Ash said...

It looks very gorgeous... Inspirations are all around, it is up to us to get inspired from...... I love that green die cut layer... That looks really gorgeous!!!!

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Gayatri!! That image is perfect for the doily and I love how you did the layers!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a LOVELY card!