Sunday, January 25, 2015

Always and Forever!!!

Good morning!

How is the weekend treating you? In Australia, I have a long weekend. Monday is Australia Day. Monday is also Republic Day in India. Double celebrations for me one from birth country and one from my home country. It is going to be a very busy day with guest invited for dinner followed by getting to see the fireworks. Also last days of summer holidays before the school start for this year. Don't know about my children, but I am excited for them to get back to school. I want some "Me" time and get the house back in order and routine. Not doing very well the chaos at the moment. Anyway, that aside, I tried to squeeze in some craft time yesterday and played along My Favorite Things sketch challenge. This is my first sketch challenge in the new year.
This is this week's sketch for the challenge.



MFT sketches are versatile and easy to make it your own. That is the main reason I like playing along their sketch. Plus I LOVE MFT products.

Doodling is something I am obsessed with right now. I see them everywhere, on clothing, ads, stationery, cushions... I get the feeling that doodling will become trendy. Doodling does not only look beautiful but for me it get my drawing side into action. Doodling is also forgiving as there are no mistakes you can make. You can built upon your "mistakes" and keep going. 

These doodle stamp set from MFT are my absolute favorites. I wish they bring out more of them. Like a building set, to create your own doodle background or focal point :)  I have used the Sunny Days Love It stamp set sentiment for the focal point and Sunny Days Border and Accent stamp set from MFT for the borders.

Always and Forevercard

I stamped  the images and coloured them using distress markers. I then blended the colours using watercolour brush. Love the shading and colouring that makes the image just pop. Here is a closeup.

Always and fovever closeup

That is it for today. I have a few card shares using new release goodies coming up next week. So stay tuned. Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

8 comments:

Carolina F. said...

Beautiful card, love it!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Gorgeous! I love those images and your coloring looks wonderful!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done! Enjoy your "mommy time" once the kids are back in school :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this! Love that you used those stamps for the sketch, so unique!

Margaret R said...

Pretty card! Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!

Jill said...

Eeeeeek! Just enjoy your card so much! Love the versatility of the sketches myself too. Your coloring is so dynamic it makes your card shine--and these stamps! Awesome! Thanks for joining us this week on the MFT sketch Gayatri! :)

conil said...

Oh my, you've done the doodling trend up proud. The detail is remarkable and your color choices are fantastic. Love the pastel-like tones. Gorgeous.

Susan R. Opel said...

Oh my GOODNESS! This is so lovely. YOu are such an artist, Gayatri!