Thursday, January 1, 2015

My favourite cards of 2014

Hey everybody,

Happy New Year 2015! Hope you enjoyed new year's eve with fun and fireworks. I certainly did :)

I thought I will share some of my favourite cards from 2014 with you before saying goodbye to 2014. I have picked favourites by month instead of top 10 or 12 cards. So here we go:

For the month of December 2014, these are my favourite cards.

Merry Christmas
card

Absolutely love this coffee holiday card for its colours and layout.

Warm Winter
Wishes1

 As Virginia says Kraft cardstock + white embossing + distress marker colouring = Magic :)

For the month of November 2014

Merry &
Bright

This card is inspired by Debby Hughes. I made it my own by using my trademark bright colours and touch of gold.

Happy
Birthday1

This card using Verve stamps is my favourite for the white embossing and watercolouring.

Now to the month of October 2014

Happy Christmas dec 25
card angled

Love this card for its freestyle collage layout and the pretty colours. Very unusual for a Christmas card. Using Winnie & Walter stamps

Black
stripes

This is one of my favourite Christmas card I made this year. Love the layers and classic colour combination.

Happy
Haunting2

What can I say? I am in love with card. Everything about this card came together beautifully. LOVE it all. Using Winnie & Walter stamp set.

Next up is September 2014

Merry
Christmas

I love the background using stencils and layering of the diecuts. Inspired by Debby Hughes once again. I made this for CASE Study challenge.

Fabulous as you
are

This card is also for CASE Study challenge. Again inspired by Debby. I love these flowers from Altenew and Jennifer McGuire's technique of using Perfect Pearls in watercolouring. Magic :)

In August 2014,

Grateful vertical
2

This card is my favourite for its colours and stamping over heat embossed sentiment. Very pretty!

Thanks card 2

This bright rainbow background using stencil is inspired by Laura Bassen. Right up my ally - Bright colours and bold design.

PPP Happy Birthday

This card I made for Pretty Pink Posh's die release. OMG! I was dancing when I finished this card. Beautiful background, sequins shaker, use of negative die cut, watercolouring.... In spite of using so many techniques, the card came out pretty good :)

For the month of July 2014

Celebrate
card

Dearly love this card. Kraft cardstock + heat embossed image + colouring = Beautiful. Period!

Hey friend
card

This card I love for its white space and pretty colours. The scribble flowers from Simon Says Stamp is very pretty. The sequins from Pretty Pink Posh is perfect accent to the watercoloured flowers.

Hello card
2

I picked this card because there is no stamping in it. Only stickers and sequins. The layout is inspired by Shari Carroll's card. Love it!

In June2014

Wicked birthday
card

Love this card for Watercoloured stamped image and background with stamping both vertically and horizontally!

Wishing you smooth
sailing

Texture is the love of this card. Very masculine too. LOVE it! Using MFT products :)

Happy
anniversary2

Using Avery Elle and Winnie & Walter stamp sets. Pretty watercoloured images on the background.

May 2014 favourites are:

Be happy
Card

No stamping card. Just the use of stickers. Very bright girly card. Just love the layering of the stickers.

happy B'day
Watercolour card

This card is so pretty! Using Wplus9 stamps and faux watercolouring inspired by Dawn's video.

Happy Birthday
wishes

Another card using Wplus9 stamps. I love this card for masking technique and stamped image overlapping for masked and unmasked areas :)

My favourites of April 2014 

Cherished
Friend

I made this card for CASE Study DT card inspired by Iwona Palamountain's card. Love the vintage look of the card and the bright colouring.

You 're so
Awesome

The background of this card is one of my favourite technique - make your own background. This card is made using Wplus9 stamp set.

These cards in March 2014 are my picks to be my favourites.

Sending prayers
cards

Simply Love the background in the window and texture of the card front. 

Birthday wishes
1

What bright colours? Love the sponging and inlayed diecut technique by Jennifer McGuire. Using Hero Arts dies and stamps

Hello
card

Another bright colourful card using stencils and sponging technique. I also love the layering of sponged background, stamped image, wood veneer element and diecut sentiment.

Coming to Feburary 2014,

Best
Wishes

Gold started becoming trendy around this time. I took the bold step of experimenting stamping leaves in gold and layering with grey and black flowers. Worked well surprisingly!

Have a gorgeous Day
card

This card is colouring stamped images in bright colours. I love this stamp set from Lil' Inkers. Adding a bit of shimmer on the coloured images was a nice touch.

Mr. & Mrs.
Card

Such an elegant card. A different using gold by adding gold glitter to the negative of word die cut. Love this card for its class.

MFT GDT Feb2014 Day
#4

Sorry I have a lot of favourites in Feburary. This card I made as guest deigner for MFT. I love these doodle sentiment and images. By stamping, colouring and shading with distress inks, this one layer card give so much depth.

Finally in January 2014,

Congrats
card

This card is inspired by Julie Ebersole's video in the stencil class. Embossing the stencil, sponging distress inks and spattering water gives so much depth. Great technique.

On your special
day

This card is inspired by Jennifer Rzasa. Using negative die cut and ombre glitter. Who does not like glitter? SOOOO pretty! 

Love you Still
Card

Final card for January 2014 is the first card I published in the year and on the 1st of Jan too :) Love the gelato background and stamping in black. The dainty images from Wplus9 makes the card elegant.

So friends, these are my favourites from 2014. There are many more and I love every card I made last year. You can find them all here on my blog. Hope 2015 brings more creativity for me to make more such beautiful card. I love this hobby of mine with passion and I am blessed to have supporting family.

Thanks so much for your love and support last year. Hope it continues and grows this year too :)
Love you all!

My blog signature

16 comments:

Rubeena I. said...

you are soooo talented!!! all of these are winners to me!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Simply AMAZING!!!

Dawn T said...

All I can say is Amazing! These cards epitomize your passion and inspiration Gayatri. I so enjoy visiting your blog as I know I will just be amazed. And I was thrilled to meet with you anand share a deblicious meal with you in the middle of the t
year. All the very best for 2015.

Melody said...

Love them all! I am big fan of your work!

natashakara said...

Wow! You have been a very busy crafter this past year. Love your style. All of these are just gorgeous.

Patti Willey said...

New Follower! Oh! What a lovely year in reveiw! I just love them all especially that Penny Black gold foil deer Christmas Card. Must pin them now! Happy New Year!

Kara said...

beautiful!

~amy~ said...

WOW!
Love them all!
Happy new Year!

Sarah G said...

These cards are stunning! I have admired many of them over the year but my jaw has just dropped seeing them all together. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration :)

conil said...

Having never seen a card that you've made that I didn't love, don't know how you managed to narrow them down for this post. My congratulations to you.

Unknown said...

Your sense of color and style are extraordinary! Thanks for sharing. All the best in the New Year!

Joyce said...

Such an amazing collection of cards. Love how they really showcase your diversity of styles.

Virginia L. said...

Artful, creative and gorgeous! Looking forward to more, Gayatri! Happy 2015!

Kelly Griglione said...

So excited to see a year in review from you!! What a dynamic style you have, Gayatri. I am madly in love with your freestyle collage cards, especially the w&w Halloween card. It's my goal to try one of those cards in 2015. Maybe I'll enter your w&w challenge if I get my act together : ) Wonderful post!

ktfabian said...

I don't know how you chose favorites...all of your cards are stunning!

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so fabulous! I just love your style!