Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Bright and Colourful Penny Black Card!

Good morning everyone,

A quick post today. This is my first post for today.There are two more coming later today. So stay tuned :)

I watched Jennifer McGuire's video on watercolour lifting technique and loved it so much that I wanted to try it. I did have all the stuff I needed for the technique. So I gave it a go. I used a background stamp and distress inks on my card below.

Happy Birthday flower card

I have used Floral Thread cling background stamp from Penny Black on my background. I coloured the watercolour paper with Abandoned Coral distress ink, then clear embossed the background image. Then added lots and lots of water and dabbed them off lifting the colour.  I got a beautiful darker background image and lighter coral colour on the rest of the area. I intentionally did not add lots of colour because I wanted a muted background not too much of a contrast. This came out perfectly as I wanted.

Happy birthday flower closeup

For the focal point, I have used Camellia die. I also did watercolouring using distress inks on the flower and leaves. For the flower, I layered the base of the flower with gold outline layer and again with the blue outline of the flower slightly offsetting. This shows a little tiny amount of gold. The sentiment is from Happy Notes stamp set. To added a bit more gold, I added some gold sequins.

Happy birthday flower closeup card

Here are the Penny Black stamp set and dies I have used on my card. All the three products are available from Penny Black store.



floral thread picture  camellia picture happy notes picture

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful day!

My blog signature

No comments: