Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Thanks card!


Hi all, Yesterday I received some new goodies from Simon Says Stamp. In the package was We r Memory Keepers Next Level embossing folder. I have been waiting to get this for a long long time. I just love the dimension the Next Level folder gives. So beautiful. This one I have used is called Wave. There are two folders in this set. To make the dimension stand out, I wanted a pearly background. The light reflected off the sheen gives shadows and highlights making the dimension look detailed and wonderful. Here is the card first.

Thanks card

In my pack of new goodies, I also bought some Ranger Liquid Pearls. Virginia Lu's Christmas card she sent me had these beautiful liquid pearls embellishments. So I bought a few colours. Instead of using as pearls, I decided to cover my entire background using them. I chose a teal and bright green  called Juniper and Key Lime. I brushed them on a white cardstock using a broad brush keeping the strokes long and even. I left it to dry. Didn't take very long to dry as my day is another 40C day. I then ran this panel on the cuttlebug using the largest stitched rectangle die from Stitched Rectangle Die set from Simon Says Stamp. Then again ran this panel through the cuttlebug using the Wave Next Level embossing folder. WOW! the panel is so beautiful as you can see. You can see the shadows and highlights on the dimension because of the sheen texture and colour on the panel.

Thanks closeup card #1

For the focal point, I did exactly the same process using Cantaloupe and Flamingo liquid pearl and die cut using Scribble Hearts die from Simon Says Stamp. Love the sheen using the liquid pearls. I layered this on the panel. Sentiment is Painted Thanks die from Simon Says Stamp which I die cut using black cardstock. Finally embellished with Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh. This panel is mounted on Fog card base.

Card Supplies:





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

12 comments:

scrapkat said...

Wow! Thats looking so great! <3
Greetings scrapkat

Kathyk said...

Just lovely, saw it on FB and followed your link

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Wow, Gayatri!! Love the look! Look out Liquid Pearls...everyone's gonna buy 'em up! :)

Virginia L. said...

I was AMAZED at the shine and gorgeous hues of your card at the very first sight and was intrigues as to how you did it.....I had NO idea that you used the Liquid Pearls to color the background! WOW! Love this so much!!! NOW I get to try this! Thanks for sharing and inspiration, Gayatri! :)

maria f. said...

Wondered how you got that "sheen"! Have never heard of Liquid Pearls.

Berina RGA said...

I was wondering how you colored the panel!! I've never heard of using liquid pearls for coloring! So beautiful!! And the colors you have chosen are gorgeous!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri! I've been awaiting a delivery of some of these folders, and now I know what I will try with them, IF they ever show up. :)

Glenelg.Girl said...

was hesitant about ordering the new wave folders as they are 6x6, and not sure if they would fit in the opening of my cuttlebug which is exactly 6 inches..but now that i know they will fit, and having seen your inspiring, will have order some (and liquid pearls too).

Janelle said...

This is just stunning! I saw on SCS gallery and HAD TO STOP to see the details. It looks like quilted silk.

Dawn T said...

WOW is right. It is stunning. The colours are so intense and the embossing is amazing. I really like the WRMK Next level. I have a few of the earlier ones and they really add something to a background.

Kreativelena said...

I can understand why you have wanted this embossing folder for a long time, it is beautiful, and you made it amazing with your crafts. So now it is on my wishlist as well :-)

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous! I never thought to brush Liquid Pearls on like you did--what stunning results!